Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

How do you add coins to an existing set?

BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 3, 2016 12:21PM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

I just added my set of Classic Head $2.50 gold coins to my PCGS inventory using the slab serial numbers. The coins do not show up in my set. There seems to be many ways to delete sets and coins, but no way to add coins.

I have a coin that should delete since I traded it away.

In general I find this software very hard to use.

Where is the "add item" link in the "action colum?"

I have a PCGS graded 1808 $2.50 gold piece. I have entered the serial number, and it has been accepted, but I can't get it into the 1795 - 1933 Gold Type set. :s

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Comments

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not the best person for this since I don't have a registry set, but I am slightly familiar with the PCGS software because I use it to inventory certified coins that are in my own collection.

If you are on the "My Inventory" page of your registry then you may click the box to the far left of any row to choose that coin. Once chosen, you may then click "Delete checked coins" and this is burnt orange hyperlinked text just above the My Inventory spreadsheet on the page and just to the right of the estimated PCGS value of your coins. By doing this you should be able to remove the coin from your active inventory.

I'll go and build a set to see how one might add coins and perhaps get back to you before anyone else answers more completely.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks TomB!

It seems that deleting coins is a lot easier than adding them. It seems like you have to go though four of five screens to do it.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just published a set (put a single coin into an eligible set).

If you go to the general, public set home page (such as 1937 Canadian Specimen Set page in my example) you may then click on the burnt orange hyperlinked text that says "Edit" and is right next to the name of your set. This will take you to an editing page and if you scroll down you will see the coins you have actively listed in the set, the coins that make up the set and the coins that are in your inventory that might be added to your set. To add a new coin you would click the burnt orange hyperlinked text "Add Coin" and a pop-up appears with the coin certification number. Click the certification number and the coin will be added and the page refreshed. You then click the "Commit or Rollback" button within the lime green bar near the top of the screen and a new page will show up where you would click "Commit" and it should be done.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson