Home Precious Metals
Options

No manipulation whatsoever! Deutsche Bank pays $60 million to settle gold price manipulation suit

2»

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last half decade, or decade (if we take out a year) has been quite boring and painful, for a PM investor. We need stories like this to keep up the fervor.

How do you figure? Since I'm a PM investor, let me enlighten you on how things have been for the past 5 years.

It's been a good time to continue some accumulation and to tidy-up some holdings. Not boring or painful. In fact, it's always interesting to watch the numbers. They will fluctuate. :)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2017 8:28PM

I'm glad you enjoyed underperforming inflation....the very thing you promised PMs would protect you against. Consider yourself enlightened. ;)

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad you enjoyed underperforming inflation....the very thing you promised PMs would protect you against. Consider yourself enlightened. ;)

It's been quite a number of years since I proclaimed that precious metals were inflation protection, although there will be times when they look very very good in the face of inflation. We both understand that.

As you may know, my metals position is designed to protect against gross mismanagement & theft by the banks and gov.com, and also as a hedge against sovereign default risk because of the gross mismanagement & theft by the banks and gov.com.

There is no drawback in utilizing precious metals and a cash buffer to independently average-in and average-out based on my own cash requirements as they arise.

It's not as if inflation is driving much lost opportunity cost in terms of earned interest, and if you feel comfortable being in the stock market, more power to ya.

As it happens, today was a pretty good day for the metals as well. B)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.