Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I just bought a medal, not a so-called dollar. If I send it into PCGS will they attribute it?

affordafford Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can tell them where in the ANS records that they can look to see that it was a real medal minted 100 years ago by Medallic Art Company with all the specs and bells & whistles, they were a reputable medal manufacturer.

Comments

• Options
    GoldenEggGoldenEgg Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2016 4:53PM

Is it listed in one of these references: pcgs.com/tokensandmedals/? If not, you probably won't have much luck at PCGS.

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2016 8:18PM

What Krause publication are you referring to? If it isn't one of the publications in the list of references used by PCGS for medals or tokens, then your medal won't stand much chance of being authenticated or graded.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coindeuce said:
    What Krause publication are you referring to? If it isn't one of the publications in the list of references used by PCGS for medals or tokens, then your medal won't stand much chance of being authenticated or graded.

from the list ->•Krause Unusuals listed in the US Section, from the reference "Unusual World Coins, 6th Edition" by Krause Publications.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2016 4:09AM

my girlfriend tells me I can be coarse at times and this is probably one of them.

if you are going to submit esoteric items to PCGS you need to open up your wallet and buy the proper references that others are suggesting, use the link provided and figure out what you believe your medal may be listed in. with the scant information you have provided not even a savant could determine what you have. a picture would be helpful.

also, calling PCGS pigs won't help your case at the point of submission!!! you should probably edit that and spell it correctly. :D

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with keets... more information and fix the typo..... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

@davewesen said:

@coindeuce said:

from the list ->•Krause Unusuals listed in the US Section, from the reference "Unusual World Coins, 6th Edition" by Krause Publications.

Why would you make this statement when the OP has given no specific description of the medal in this thread ? Are you privileged to some info that no one else in this thread has ?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

I'm going to give afford the benefit of the doubt and say that "pigs" is a spell-check error. He should check his comments before submitting. I'm guilty of this often - luckily the forum gives us a chance to edit our posts. Again see what keets has to say.

Paul
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Off the top one my head I've never seen a Medallic Art Company third party certified in a holder by any grading service.

These medals are collected and trade raw with the original box as issued adding demand.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

autocorrect can create some funny situations

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file