Home U.S. Coin Forum

I'm already having multiple issues with usps shipping

gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay purchases so be prepared folks. I believe there were hella more people shopping online this year than in the past.

Comments

• CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. Black Friday online purchases up 8% over last year. Cyber Monday up 12%

The more you VAM..
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

The black market is outperforming the stock market without being noticed or tracked.

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2016 5:33PM

Had to get them to find 3 parcels that tracking said left in parcel locker. Key was not there in POB. They finally found them. Took 2 trips at least 1.5 HR of my time. Postmaster cited "human element" at first (what I am going to do just walk away?). Insisted "I expect my packages." Later called PO talked to another person - got call back they found them and gladly went to pickup. I was worried they had been stolen by employee or key put in wrong POB. Please tell me what really happened.

My purchase cost of it all was $120 all Model RR stuff. One was a Kato N scale ATSF diesel $70 (nib - rtr).

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2016 6:41AM

@TwoSides2aCoin....> "The black market is outperforming the stock market without being noticed or tracked."
    Isn't that the purpose of the black market???? :D:D:D Cheers, RickO

• mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

No problems shipping off of either ebay or paypal with all my sales.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

USPS Click-n-Ship was down for me yesterday too. Paypal shipping did work okay though.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tis the season...for delays. I would expect nothing less for the holidays.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • logger7logger7 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad then that I haven't been shipping much, have an express coming back tomorrow which seldom gets messed up. I hope they come up to speed like UPS and FedEx eventually on ground parcels.

• TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an incoming package, and I think they have thrown the tracking system out the window....

• Shows received at a postal center in MD at 8:01am on Tuesday.
    • At 8:01am on Wednesday, the tracking update says, "Package on its way to destination". Not "left the postal center", not "received at....", and no current location. Almost like they decided, "Well, it's been 24 hours with no update....we don't know where it is....but it's probably not lost. Throw the recipient a bone...."

I quietly await it's delivery....eventually.

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 14, 2016 3:04PM

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fed X is killing me. Over two weeks out due to the weather back east. Come on MAN!!! An expensive coin I purchased and I'm chewing at the bit to see it in hand. Shipped from Charleston over two weeks ago and It left Texas two days ago with no new updates. Great service, NOT!!
    Okay, rant over.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • logger7logger7 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought UPS and FedEx had better tracking in real time. I guess there is no "better" option anymore.

• woogloutwooglout Posts: 200 ✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    I thought UPS and FedEx had better tracking in real time. I guess there is no "better" option anymore.

Smartpost? :D

Sorry, couldn't help myself

• bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had my first item ever go missing a couple weeks ago. USPS has said in Transit to destination for 2 weeks.

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Malls are ghost towns with all the online shopping,

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a package sitting in NY for over a week without movement, then in DC for another 4 days (I live almost 5 hours away). It was registered, but even by registered standards that was a bit long.

I checked the tracker around noon today, nope, still said the package was in DC. My carrier rang the doorbell at 14:15 and handed my dog a cookie and me the package. Tracker finally updated after that, but I sure got a very pleasant surprise! Clearly wasn't still in DC at noon.

Dog liked the cookie, but he expects those from her. She spoils him.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a package sit for almost a week. Then, the ebay seller refunded my money and said the item was no longer available.
    So, it wasn't the USPS, or any shipper, at all. The seller had created the shipping label, sat on the sale for almost a week, then refunded.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm beginning to think shippers sometimes randomly throw a package on the wrong truck.

My latest USMint order shipped 12/07 from Southaven MS. I'm in California.

4 days later it's 1st stop was Northborough MA -- 1300 miles in the wrong direction.

Then onward to PA, IN, MO, and TX. Today it's in AZ.

Scheduled delivery in CA is 12/17. 10 days. But who knows?

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

CoCollector.....mint likely shipped "smartpost" to you.
    FedEx makes that THE MOST PAINFUL experience, outside of a tooth removal without getting numbed.

To the west coast, they DO take 10 days. Heck, one time, they were going to be 2 days early and I watched it daily...it SAT, just miles from my address, for those 2 days. You can't even contact them and pick it up from the facility, until after an attempt at delivery has been made...and since it is supposed to go from them to the USPS at the end, you don't even get that choice.

If the USMint were an ebay seller, and they chose smartpost, I would neg them and give them a -10 star for shipping.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file