Home Precious Metals
Options

Do you save 40% Kennedy halves ?

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you save them or sell them as quick as you get them ?

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

At one time when silver was cheap, the SMART money (those with some storage capability) was buying 40% over all else just for the downside protection of the face value.

Now.... just more bulk.

• Options

@topstuf ,
    thanks, that is one perspective I hadn't considered.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sell them when I get them. 90% OTOH I keep.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dumped a few thousand at $40 silver, will do the same in the future. For now I hold them.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have some, like maybe a half a roll, that came in change/bank or from a very small collection I bought from a buddy who was moving and wanted to get rid of it all. I do not pursue it unless I see it at the bank in the teller trays.

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

No

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

i used to until i got enough to sell but i do not now.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

I avoid 40% halves and war nickels like the plague.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

Move them quickly.

The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not found any in the rolls I have searched..... I would keep them if I found them... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko
    Of course you would, from what I know you keep every coin that touches your fingers. :smile:

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I have some, and will sell them just past the profit point.

COA
  • Options

@tneig
    For my education, what do you consider the profit point ?

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since last September, I've found 48 40% halves searching rolls. I keep them along with the 90%'s I find. If silver hits a crazy once in a generation level again, they all go with my 90% circulated coinage I've accumulated. Hopefully; I can use the proceeds to purchase a few nice coins for my collection. I have a box of halves I pick up this Wednesday- so, hopefully I can add a few more!

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sell em when I get em

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay gets the profit. I get the work. The postman gets the bennies.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    eBay gets the profit. I get the work. The postman gets the bennies.

Don't forget to tip your postal and garbage workers this Christmas/Holidays. I usually only tip $20 but every bit helps.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.