Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Interesting shipping observation re: Walking Liberty 100th Anniversary gold coins.

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, I order mine 11/18 and received notice of SHIPMENT to Seattle today, 7 days later.

My son orders his on the 20th and RECEIVES his on the 23rd, New Orleans.

Seems odd, doesn't it?

What's been your experience?

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2016 8:19PM

Ordered mine at shortly after noon on the 17th, received mine in Eastern TN on the 21st. Didn't I read here that they ship from Memphis?

BTW, Looks like I lucked out and got a perfect one.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow Lakesammman.. that is a major difference....not sure how their fulfillment process works, but there are some strange anomalies...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman I am pretty sure that the fulfillment center is indeed in Memphis as @bolivarshagnasty says, so it figures they would arrive in the South sooner. As for the irregularities in date notifications, that is just Mint SOP as far as I can see. I have sometimes ordered coins for Mrs. VDB within minutes of my own coins and yet they can ship weeks apart.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember there is a process the mint follows to verify orders, including credit card address matching and household limits. Maybe something in the automated process kicked you out to be verified and that took the extra time...

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

You pissed someone in the mint off at some point and your name is blacklisted.... ;)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

I suspect it was my complaining about the Mint website on the 17th that was the crux of the issue - that and the fact I voted Libertarian instead of Democratic. :tired_face:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman...what you did not know, amidst all the worries about ballot fixing, is the machine was taking pictures of each ballot caster and linking them to a photocopy of the ballot.... :D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options

ricko:

Mail only in WA - no web-ballot cameras!

Day 10 - still no coins or online status......and I had the audacity to ask another poster who paid express shipping, "What's the hurry". :blush:

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd give them a call....tell them you seem to have fell through the cracks but you have clawed your way up to find out "WASSUP????" :)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file