Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Free budget shipping at the US Mint until December 11...

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you order $100 or more, you'll get free budget shipping from the Mint until December 11. Other than that, Black Friday doesn't seem to exist at the Mint, gold Mercs or AmLib silver medals are still unavailable...

If you have a subscription to the Uncirc ASE (Dec 1) or the 5oz pucks (Dec 8, Fort Moultrie), you will NOT get free shipping, so you may want to cancel your sub and just order them on your own. It's not like either product is going to sell out the first day (or even the first month. :))

Comments

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

I remember a similar offer a while back...but I can't find a confirmation of this free shipping offer on the Mint website...yet...usually things change around 730a

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything 'free' from the mint is a good deal.... :) Cheers, RickO

• Options

Just got the email from the Mint about the free shipping

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2016 8:12AM

A whole $4.95 in savings. That's about 5% on a hundred . Just in time for another drop in silver and gold.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember the FREE mint bag awhile ago,I still have one in an UNOPENED box. :)

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't believe people complaining and whining about getting something for free.
    If you were going to buy anyway, it's nice to save something.
    If you weren't, then this probably isn't enough to matter anyway.

Personally, I don't think any government agency should be doing "black Friday". Retailers that have shareholders, or themselves, to answer to, that's fine, but anything .gov...? No.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

@Bochiman said:
    Personally, I don't think any government agency should be doing "black Friday". Retailers that have shareholders, or themselves, to answer to, that's fine, but anything .gov...? No.

Except the collector side of the Mint is a for-profit outfit, something of an oddball considering it's a .gov site. (Same is true with Money Factory and parts of USPS.) Since they are a for-profit site, then yes, they should be in the Black Friday biz, since they're competing with other retailers, world mints, etc.

And I wasn't complaining, but I did think Black Friday would have been the best chance to actually see the coins not released by the mint. The 8000 gold Mercs, 500 AmLib silver medals and the 500 Plat Proofs come to mind. If they're not going to release them on Black Friday, I do question whether the Mint is going to release them at all...

I do expect to see the HHL's on the WLH get removed after Monday, though...

• Options

@Twobitcollector said:

Hey! Don't hate on the bags!

I'm actually using them (I had about 10 or so), and they're really useful bags! It's going to irritate me to actually have to buy some bags once these wear out...

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Bochiman said:

Except the collector side of the Mint is a for-profit outfit, something of an oddball considering it's a .gov site. (Same is true with Money Factory and parts of USPS.) Since they are a for-profit site, then yes, they should be in the Black Friday biz, since they're competing with other retailers, world mints, etc.

And I wasn't complaining, but I did think Black Friday would have been the best chance to actually see the coins not released by the mint. The 8000 gold Mercs, 500 AmLib silver medals and the 500 Plat Proofs come to mind. If they're not going to release them on Black Friday, I do question whether the Mint is going to release them at all...

I do expect to see the HHL's on the WLH get removed after Monday, though...

I know it is the "for profit" piece. I still don't think they should get into the black Friday scene.
    And, I wasn't necessarily referencing your post...just FYI...

As for what they could do to drum up business, they will never do stuff that makes sense...they haven't had a good/smart director, nor marketing decision makers, for a long time. They treat collectors like after-thoughts and don't care that they drive them off.

I was a flipper, I'll say that upfront, since 2006 SAE sets, but they have screwed over the flippers....and I am ok with that (I know many aren't). The mint SHOULD get all the money upfront, if they can, but they need to be careful not to chase real collectors away (which they are doing). I have dropped MANY of my purchases because of their practices. Having a black Friday sale would NOT change that. They should focus on the big picture, not 1 day/weekend.

Just mho.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Twobitcollector said:

I'm actually using them (I had about 10 or so), and they're really useful bags! It's going to irritate me to actually have to buy some bags once these wear out...

I have a crapload of bags but won't use them. Not cool to announce to the world that there are coins in my house...

• Options
    cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

I just sent off an email to the mint. I had two subscription orders that should have got free shipping but didn't because they were a subscription. The lady on the phone said they were not doing that for subscriptions but after I hung up I went and looked and I didn't see where they left them out of the free shipping. In fact, here is the wording from the mint. ( Free Budget Shipping on all orders of $100 or more through December 11) When you look at the site it says "ALL" orders. They was no asterisk or anything else saying it didn't apply to subscriptions. I asked them to refund anyone they charged the shipping on. Ill let you know what they say.

• Options

@cruisersk1 said:
    I just sent off an email to the mint. I had two subscription orders that should have got free shipping but didn't because they were a subscription. The lady on the phone said they were not doing that for subscriptions but after I hung up I went and looked and I didn't see where they left them out of the free shipping. In fact, here is the wording from the mint. ( Free Budget Shipping on all orders of $100 or more through December 11) When you look at the site it says "ALL" orders. They was no asterisk or anything else saying it didn't apply to subscriptions. I asked them to refund anyone they charged the shipping on. Ill let you know what they say.

Nope, subs have never been real orders to the Mint, and have never gotten free shipping during free shipping.

That's why in the first post of this thread, I suggested you cancel your subs if you want free shipping and order directly from the Mint. That's what I did, and even waited for the puck to go on sale before ordering the burnished ASE...

• Options

@BigA said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Twobitcollector said:

I have a crapload of bags but won't use them. Not cool to announce to the world that there are coins in my house...

When your overwhelmingly stupid city council decides to outlaw those thin plastic grocery bags, and everyone is forced to use reusable bags, they just become reusable grocery bags. No one seems to notice, nor care...

And it turns out those Mint bags are really good reusable grocery bags. Especially at a price point of free. :)

• Options

Yup, I went back and read the promo email again...no exclusions mentioned

• Options

Class action lawsuit?

:#

• Options

The Mint's "Free Budget Shipping" offer has expired, but a "$10 off Expedited Shipping" has taken it's place, so you can get expedited shipping for only $7.95... (Dec 12 through Dec 20...)

Whatta deal... Or not... :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file