Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

forum badges

derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have saved up 27, can I cash them in for grading fees?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only have 15. Now I'm going to have to go to my safe space because I have badge envy.

I do have 148 points, though. Can't figure out for the life of me how I got the points, but I have 148 of them!

And I still don't have my Disagree badge...

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

23 badges and 183 points

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

9 & 67...

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll trade 100 of my points here for a silver eagle ;)

:+1:

• Options
    JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

What in the world are the points for?

I love them Barber Halves.....
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Badges, badges, badges. First someone is going to claim their badge is better than someone elses....
    Then they'll develop a grading system to define badge quality...
    Then someone will start "improving" their badges, with digital manipulation...
    Then they'll start a service to grade the badges, because everyone grades their own too high...
    Then comes the stickers to certify the certification...

Can't we just enjoy our badges?

:grin:

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@messydesk.... one of my favorite movie quotes.....along with "What we have here, is a failure to communicate." and a few choice Clint Eastwood selections... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭

@messydesk said:

THIS

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am at a lost with all these badges and points?

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda reminds me of the "every kid receives some sort of recognition" when a participant event occurs. KIds receive some sort of token, trophy, plaque, etc... for showing up...most o fthe time.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

@oih82w8 .... and that is part of the modern problem.... very sad. Kids have to learn to lose and to realize the thrill of achievement.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Badges, points, ratings are fluff, unnecessary, more than enough:, Social media creeps. Rate me. Like me. Ad nauseum.

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

my issue is what can the points and badges be used for if anything and there has to be some real world reason that these were included in the forum

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

and that is part of the modern problem.... very sad. Kids have to learn to lose and to realize the thrill of achievement.... Cheers, RickO

two of the words I dislike the most are "kids" and "cops" along with the new penchant for using the word "impact" all the time. the right words are "children" and "officers" along with "affect" but I digress.

• Options

You are correct Al.... I often fall into the vernacular, and it is something I try to avoid. I shall endeavor to police my comments more closely in the future. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file