Home Precious Metals

Selecting a bullion dealer. (Local, not online)

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a test:
Does YOUR "coin dealer" hahhahaahaa...oops..sorry.... have to ORDER coins when you want
to buy? Well, if the store isn't FULL of people buying and selling coins and bullion,
then you are NOT in the "coin shop" you want to patronize.

All too many "modern era" coin dealers only have inventory ...IF...they have bought
some and are too stupid to have wholesale outlets where they can sell any quantities
that exceed their ....LEVEL OF INVENTORY!

If they have NO ....level of inventory... that they maintain no matter WHAT the
metal market is doing, then they deserve not one penny from you.

A coin and bullion ...DEALER... has deliverable metal EVERY DAY!
Only exception is on MAJOR market moves when buy/sell demands can wipe out his
inventory in a few hours.
BUT....those days are RARE.
I think I can count the times that has happened in the past 15 years or so on the fingers
of one hand.

IF YOUR "DEALER" HAS TO ...ORDER.... WHAT YOU WANT......CHANGE DEALERS!
YOU ARE IN THE PRESENCE OF A FOOL AND A SHOP THAT DESERVES TO GO OUT OF "BUSINESS."

Comments

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amen. Praise the Lord and pass the potatoes

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never have a problem stocking bullion as we are a well hedged company. However we do run out of some products from time to time. I tend to run out of numis items more than anything else, tough to know what's going to be in demand. Just recently ran out of 16-D Mercs and $500/$1000 Bills.

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big bills get scarce at Christmas time.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

My local resources for gold and silver are nothing more than rip-off artists.... Criminals with a storefront. Cheers, RickO

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    My local resources for gold and silver are nothing more than rip-off artists.... Criminals with a storefront. Cheers, RickO

Then I'm assuming you have ALREADY crossed them off your list. Good.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@topstuf....You are correct... and I tell all my friends about them as well...Cheers, RickO

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

I work for one of the local dealers, the larger of the three here in town.

Was in BSing with the competition today. He sold me part of his personal collection.
    A poured 3 oz Engelhard Silver. He has THREE more. These are the old ones, not the modern Australian ones.
    *I'll post in a new thread later.
    It's good to have a working relationship with competitors. Never know when you may need them.