Home Precious Metals
Options

DELETED SORY WRONG FORUM

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 18, 2016 6:14PM in Precious Metals

A

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options

1652 Shilling Pine Tree Sm Planchet 71.45 grs

I'm from Massachusetts and my family moved here in 1630.

@lordmarcovan
    @Bochiman
    @ricko

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was guessing that :)

For me, I have changed avatars a few times. My current one is one of my toned SAEs. I put some out to "Show and tell" with my son and his friends and, over time, they were toning (I had most of them in those cardboard holders that say "Silver American Eagle" "Happy Graduation", etc.

When I got back into coins, I ended up really like the SAEs and bought a few rolls, not so much to hoard silver, but to hand out as gifts and carry in my pocket, etc.
    That's back when they could be purchased for less than $10 each.......

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is one of 8 known (50 mintage). While it didnt come in a little blue box, although it could have, this three ounce trinket of gold commemorates a very significant technological achievement that helped shrink the world. Someday I will locate the descendants to whom it was personally presented.

Coho is another name for a "silver" salmon.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

@Bochiman
    I'm sorry I meant to post under US coin forum....not PM

• Options

Coho salmon is the most tasteful.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston... having lived for 20 years in the Pacific Northwest, I have always considered Sockeye to be the most tasteful Salmon....of course, taste preference is a personal thing. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Coho are the hardest fighting of the salmonoids.

• Options

@cohodk.... I have fished for and caught King and Coho and Silver (some say they are the same).... the fight between KIngs and Coho would be hard to differentiate... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @cohodk.... I have fished for and caught King and Coho and Silver (some say they are the same).... the fight between KIngs and Coho would be hard to differentiate... Cheers, RickO

Indeed, that it is difficult to differentiate the fight of a 12 pound fish vs a 35 pounder says a lot about the mighty coho.

• Options

Well, I never caught a 35 pound King..... they were all 12-18....at best.... there were size limitations (not on the high side)..... Cheers, RickO

• Options

You fishing in the wrong spots Ricko.

Take a trip about 3 hours to your NW and I'll hook you up with the best charter captain on Lake O.