Home U.S. Coin Forum

2016 Gold Walking Liberty Half Dollar in hand ...photographed (UPDATE)

2»

Comments

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

That photo of yours Weiss gives me feathery chills.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

Not bad. But too bad they had to go with Gold.

I'm now in the mood to go to a major show and pick up a '37 Proof. I think that would be a cool Coin to have.

I recently got a 1937 Proof Buffalo Nickel. Got to work on putting a complete Proof Set together now.

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received mine today. Looks like I got a good one. Love the detail on the eagle as well as Liberty's left hand.

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine showed up today:

Can't tell yet if the little marks on the obverse are on the capsule or the coin. I need to find my loupe. Fidelity to the original design is better than the SLQ and infinitely better than the with the Merc. Overall, it's nice, but CLEARLY smaller than the original. My first impression was that it was roughly a quarter-sized coin.

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

The business strike Washington is 24.3 mm in diameter. This coin is 27mm and the original WLH is 30mm. This gold Walker actually weighs more than the original silver WLH. Wish the Mint could have done this well on the Merc.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, Bryce! great image.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks great in gold and with the details sharp... but it still bugs me that they're quite a bit smaller than a regular half dollar when looking at these in hand... oh well.

• northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

With gold significantly below $1200 today will there be a price adjustment downward for Mint Orders next week, assuming it stays below $1200 Friday?

• CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

The eagle looks like it's about to go into battle wearing a suit of aromor

The more you VAM..
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2016 8:16PM

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    The business strike Washington is 24.3 mm in diameter. This coin is 27mm and the original WLH is 30mm. This gold Walker actually weighs more than the original silver WLH. Wish the Mint could have done this well on the Merc.

Interesting that Coinfacts lists Walkers and Franks as 30.0mm and Kennedy's as 31.00mm. I thought all modern halves were 30.6mm?

P.S. I just confirmed it. All modern halves (since the Capped Bust type) are 30.6mm. Coinfacts needs to be corrected.

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2016 5:23AM

Went to the UPS facility yesterday, I'm keeping her.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file