Home Precious Metals

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... a bit of passion there...... however, people have been passionately wrong before...just look at the last election. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be very shocked if a gold and silver salesman said otherwise. Sheep unite!!

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

My goodness, that's a lot of words!

I buy gold because it's sparkly

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm, makes me want to buy a classic looking 1/2 oz. thingy, something with Miss Liberty walking would be nice.

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:
    I would be very shocked if a gold and silver salesman said otherwise. Sheep unite!!

I know.
    That's why I posted the link.
    To show how biased an article can be.

Why, it's just like an insurance salesman telling you that you could use insurance.
    Or even a dairy board telling you to drink milk.
    And the FOOD producers..... DANG.... biased like CRAZY!

Thank goodness we are wise enough to see through these transparent attempts to separate us from our money because we KNOW that insurance and food are all ...special interests.

Well, they ain't a-gonna fool us smart coin peeps!

Nossirree!!! :)

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

We know who is doing what to whom. All we need to agree on - is the price.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2016 5:30PM

accurate analysis. the swamp will not get drained, the economy will continue to gasp for air. Election results will not and could not have changed the path that was determined over the past 10 years. A new path is possible but it's results are years down the road. The visible future does not change any valid reason for owning/acquiring gold and silver. Insurance remains a valid reason.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

It's obvious that some on this board taste the snake oil. Lol

• Options
    edited November 16, 2016 7:56PM

@cohodk said:

and others are only here to stir it. lol.

• Options

Maybe someone with banking experience can chime in and tell us whether or not there's a dollar liquidity crunch going on because of international T-bond dumping. Something's got to finance the repurchase of a slew of bonds, especially If the Fed is buying them, true?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2016 5:00PM

No doubt about the international T-bond dumping

"one thing is very clear: the selling not only continues but is accelerating, and should the foreign liquidation of Treasuries fail to slow, Yellen will have no choice but to forget about hiking rates and focus on QE4 instead."

• Options
    edited November 17, 2016 7:32AM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

and others are only here to stir it. lol.

The pot gets stirred because all the nutrients -meat, potatoes, veggies- are at the bottom. Now I understand many on here like to sip the flavorful, but nutrient lacking, water at the top, but we all know that without nutrients we become weak and frail. This has been witnessed in the PM world over the last half decade plus.

You can sip the broth, but I want meat and potatoes. It's your choice to be weak and frail or powerful and secure.

• Options

banker and a chef. lol.

• Options

@derryb said:
    banker and a chef. lol.

I'm just a man.

• Options

I'm a just man

• Options

No bankers have addressed my question. Was it that provocative?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

A dollar invested in a 10 yr treasury in 1928 would be worth $70, vs $15 for an ounce of silver. This is a period of time that encompasses a depression, world war, numerous recessions, various minor wars, a presidential assassination and resignation, several stock market crashes and the baby boomers ;). That's quite a resume to compete against.

• Options
    edited November 17, 2016 4:40PM

@cohodk said:
    A dollar invested in a 10 yr treasury in 1928 would be worth $70, vs $15 for an ounce of silver. This is a period of time that encompasses a depression, world war, numerous recessions, various minor wars, a presidential assassination and resignation, several stock market crashes and the baby boomers ;). That's quite a resume to compete against.

Inflation and currency devaluation ate up all your bond profit. I still have my gramp's silver dollar even if it is only worth 15 times what he paid for it.

• Options

I wish my family still had my gramp's house in Silicon Valley that he paid $7000 for in the 1950s.

Inflation and currency devaluation ain't ate that up!

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

Inflation and currency devaluation ate up all your bond profit. I still have my gramp's silver dollar even if it is only worth 15 times what he paid for it.

I wish you could read what you wrote.

• Options

It's an absolutely fascinating point of view, a triumph of emotion over mathematics.

• Options
    edited November 18, 2016 1:58PM

Another pro gold point of view

Another absolutely fascinating point of view, a triumph of reality over emotion. Heavily dependent, however, on no rate hike in December. Odds of a rate hike are higher than they have been in quite a while - unless there is good, currently unknown reason not to hike.

• Options

Not only will the FED raise rates, but expect the EU, Japan, and UK to raise in the next year.

• Options

Rate hikes CAN mean difficulty getting funds to keep govt running "as usual"
    Never forget that gold's ALL TIME high was with 17-20% rates.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The signals from the Fed, at this point - at least in my opinion - indicate an almost certain December rate hike...OK, go ahead, point out that I am rarely right in my predictions.... True, but I continue to try... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Bond market is saying there BETTER be an incentive to buy some.

Me, nope.

• Options
    edited November 19, 2016 4:59PM

bonds (US debt) are slowly becoming irrelevant to other markets as the FED vacuum machine sucks it all up - never with a need to be emptied. It's the new covert method of printing at will. Allows for unlimited spending by using a lender who never needs to be repaid. Monetization of the debt is highly inflationary.

Unless of course at some point the FED demands an impossible payment and uses its massive US debt balance sheet to declare ownership of the borrower. ;)

• Options

We've been printing "at will" since 2008.

But hey, screw the savers. They "saved" the big banks.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

My X ( us steel not ex wife) is a precious metal. Beats gold, for sure. Though I spread my poverty around.