Home Precious Metals
Options

Selling into this two day Election Rally

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 8, 2016 11:49AM in Precious Metals

As mentioned before I've been between 80-90% invested in the stock market for several years now. I just sold down on everyone of my positions and put on short protection as well. I'm now net short. I sit primarily in cash until I see some opportunities. All asset classes seem to have a challenging risk/reward factor.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good call, Mark. Action is the antidote to anxiety.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@MilesWaits said:

Sleeping weight ain't so bad.

If a bill gets passed to spend dramatically on real infrastructure I'll be back in so fast it will make your head spin.

Mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@MilesWaits said:

If a bill gets passed to spend dramatically on real infrastructure I'll be back in so fast it will make your head spin.

Mark

With Republicans across the board, a bill will be passed. His acceptance speech was full of talk about infrastructure spending. If you wait to open your positions till after it passes, you may be too late.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The next several months will be super interesting....... dang it...this is fun. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

The futures last night were crazy to see. Nice big dip for anyone in play. Will be interesting for sure.

• Options

@PaleElf said:

@Justacommeman said:

@MilesWaits said:

Mark

With Republicans across the board, a bill will be passed. His acceptance speech was full of talk about infrastructure spending. If you wait to open your positions till after it passes, you may be too late.

Yes. I was surprised to hear it last night. I have a shopping list

Mark

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@PaleElf said:

@Justacommeman said:

@MilesWaits said:

Mark

Yes. I was surprised to hear it last night. I have a shopping list

Mark

Will you let us know before the 2017 investment contest? ;)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trump Vodka be biiiig in 2017, hahahaha...

comrade happy, no.

-renski

• Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

Silver down 131.45 yen today ($1.22). Just about time to back the truck up.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mesquite said:

Agree. Think of this a Veteran Day sale. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@Mesquite said:

Agree. Think of this a Veteran Day sale. :D

Again!!!

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting move, Mark. I'm starting to track the gun manufacturers now. Just a hunch on timing.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    Interesting move, Mark. I'm starting to track the gun manufacturers now. Just a hunch on timing.

I added the gun makers to my watchlist, as well. The problem is the fear of gun regulation has been significantly minimized. With Republicans in control and a possible 7-2 Supreme Court by the time we see a new President, I don't see a catalyst on the horizon. However, as far as the Supreme Court goes, I bet Ginsburg and Breyer hold on as long as they can.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:

Why?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@jmski52 said:

Why?

Ruger and S&W down, down will go back up.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:

@cohodk said:

@jmski52 said:

Why?

Ruger and S&W down, down will go back up.

Isn't the reason they went up due to perceived threat to 2nd Amendment rights? Hasn't that threat diminished greatly?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buying into it is better than selling into it. Don't lose focus !

• Options

Why?

I figure that because the perceived threat to 2nd Amendment rights has abated somewhat, the stock prices of S&W and Ruger should recede as well. I also expect a drop in the overall stock market because I think that the market has been way over-supported and there is a correction coming.

That being the case, I think it will be an interesting hobby to track S&W and Ruger. I would expect some drop in sales now, but I also think that the threats to their existence is gone. I was unaware of this, but the dems have 25 senate seats coming up in 2018 compared to only 2 seats for the repubs. I also expect the Supreme Court to tip in the other direction in the next few years.

Still, I don't expect the stock prices of the gun manufacturers to reach the low levels of 2008 when my fiancee' told me to buy S&W (I didn't). I think that the threats to the 2nd Amendment are not going away and we don't live in the same country that existed 25 years ago. In other words, I think that we are now in the "sweet spot" politically for the gun manufacturers to drop, recover and then grow.

All of this also anticipates a fairly large systemic problem in the markets that Trump can't cure in 4 years, so there will be plenty of volatility on the way down, and then also on the way back up. I just want to search for the bottom as we go.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    • the immediate threat to their existence is gone, but not the enduring threat.

Hey, is there a way to revise a post after it's been posted?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2016 6:22PM

You never go broke making a profit but you can kick your self in the head for doing so. I was smart enough to buy S&W @$10.00 ( right here on these boards) and dumb enough to sell @ $18. I KNEW there was more meat left on the bone but punked out and watched it run to $27 in a NY minute. Morale of the story, "stick to your guns". :p

Mark

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, took a little bit of profits out of the stock market today.
    Remaining invested in equities, balanced by real estate and metals.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still 50/50 stocks/ $. Holding the high dividend stocks. I like to trade in my IRA. No taxes on gains.....yet :-o

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options

@Baley said:
    Yeah, took a little bit of profits out of the stock market today.
    Remaining invested in equities, balanced by real estate and metals.

Unless something changes, I plan on staying long equities through the end of the year and transition to net short in January before inauguration.