21 Texas
22 Creighton
23 Rhode Island
24 Iowa State
25 Maryland

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

UCLA v. Kentucky tomorrow. I am hoping UCLA keeps it closer than their last couple meetings. UCLA is undefeated but hasn't played anybody. A whole bunch of McDonalds all-americans playing on both teams. Should be fun.

• Options

Not sure anybody else watched the two games from Vegas yesterday. UCLA v. Ohio State was unexciting with few people in attendance. UNC v. Kentucky appeared to be a full house with some excitement. It appeared the arena was mostly Kentucky fans. Exciting finish. Lots of great young players on all 4 teams.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Uclans are off to a terrific start

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

@coinkat said:
    The Uclans are off to a terrific start

They are playing like a totally new team. A couple freshman studs definitely helps. However, it is interesting to note they now dive for loose balls that they hadn't been doing the last few years. Winning and momentum lead to other things like hustling! Much more fun watching them this year than last. Still not playing much defense though.

• Options

Should be an exciting season.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

UCLA is the best team I've seen this years. Got to see them in person recently. The first half of the Michigan-UCLA a couple weeks ago may have been the best half of basketball that i have ever seen. 50-50 at the half before UCLA blew the roof on the joint in the final 20.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Anyoneg going to go out on a ledge and predict conference winners?

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinkat said:

I will. KU in the Big Twelve.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@coinkat said:

No, but I will predict the winner of tonight's UCLA game at Oregon will have a leg up in the Pac 12.

• Options

UCLA will win their conference and I will even take it a step further-Final 4

• Options

@coinkat said:
    UCLA will win their conference and I will even take it a step further-Final 4

I like the confidence! Got to hit free throws down the stretch in those tight games though. An early season loss in Eugene is not bad though. Long way to go.

• Options

UCLA v. U of A should be a good game if you like college hoops. Saturday afternoon on CBS. UCLA's only loss it to Oregon and Arizona's only two losses are to Butler and Gonzaga. So should be two of the best west coast teams playing and the two teams that battle over most of the high level west coast recruits each year.

• Options

It's March so time to talk hoops.

Though I don't think UCLA is great (due to lack of defensive effort most of the time) how are they ranked 2nd in the USA Today top 25 (3rd in AP) but ESPN Bracketology still has them as a three seed in the midwest!? By definition I would think if you are ranked in the top 4 you have a really good shot at being a #1 seed and, at worst, a #2. It doesn't "matter" except the current Bracketology match up would be Vandy/St Marty's winner in round 2. Two solid teams. Oh well, I know it's just Bracketology and not the actual brackets. Anybody going to any conference tournies this week?

• Options

I have not followed NCAA BBall that much... I would like to see the Uclans win the tournament. Look where Indiana was ranked and look at them now.

• Options

Being a Pac 12 homer I think of the Pac 12 as being good. At least the top 3 teams are good. I heard on sports radio that Kenpom has the Pac 12 as by far the worst conference this year. It is very interesting. They have UCLA, Oregon and U of A at 16, 17 and 21 in their rankings. Maybe KenPom is right. I certainly am no expert. The thing I do not understand though is why Gonzaga is #1. Who have they played? St. Mary's, Florida, Iowa State and U of A... and then 25 cupcakes. I just don't get it. Lots of basketball to play....

http://kenpom.com/

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Regarding Gonzaga, the NCAA tourney will quickly dispatch any pretenders to the throne.

March Madness is the greatest (at least the most fun) couple of weeks in sports.

Exhibition season ends this weekend and the real season begins next week.

• Options

Surprised to see UM win the Big Ten tourney...

Looks if Illinois will get a new coach... Any predictions?

• Options

Congrats to Northwestern... Sorry to have missed the game but they won

• Options

@coinkat said:
    Surprised to see UM win the Big Ten tourney...

Looks if Illinois will get a new coach... Any predictions?

You get Brad Underwood. Pretty good get

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Wow northwestern got hosed by the refs big time.

Huge win by Wisconsin.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options

I don't know much about Underwood. Illinois has a fairly impressive tradition. Hopefully Underwood will do well and stay. He apparently has a good recruiting class. We will see what happens.

As for Nothwestern-Gonzaga, the Wildcats deserve praise for making a game of it. Could not believe the call...

• Options

Ya that call NW call sucked.

Michigan had to overcome two really bad calls in the first half against Louisville and managed tally nicely

'mark

• Options

Looks like KU has to put down the Big Ten almost singlehandedly.
    First Michigan State, then Purdue, then possibly Michigan.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

Bill Self is a former Big Ten coach...

• Options

@coinkat said:
    Bill Self is a former Big Ten coach...

KU might have a tough time against Purdue's big man. Landon Lucas looks a little undersized next
    to him. That's the only weakness in KU's game, a dominant big man.
    Although Lucas is a really good rebounder, and plays tough defense.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

Elsewhere in the tourney I think West Virginia will beat Gonzaga.
    Zags won't be able to handle the athleticism of W.V., I predict at least
    a 10 point victory.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

I don't see the Boilermakers beating the Jayhawks

• Options

@Darin said:
    Elsewhere in the tourney I think West Virginia will beat Gonzaga.
    Zags won't be able to handle the athleticism of W.V., I predict at least
    a 10 point victory.

I hope you are right
    mark

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sean Miller's U of A goes down to his former 11 seed team.

Life is sweet!

• Options

Great game between Wisconsin and Florida. Two buzzer beaters, one to tie it in regulation for Wisconsin
    and the game winner for Florida in overtime.

Hoping KU keeps playing well tonight against Oregon.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

Nice tournament run by Xavier ended today. Now all my teams are gone. Oh well.

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have two teams left that I wanted to seen in the final 4. Oregon and Gonzaga. KU lost a home game at the Sprint Center.

• Options

I was very surprised Oregon beat KU.

If Gonzaga beats South Carolina on Saturday they will get to the championship game by beating, I believe, only ONE team who was in the top 25 at season end (West VA). Due to seeding and upsets they have gotten a break with their games. Would be 4 for South Carolina and 3 for the other two teams. That's a nice road! I realize you just play who is there but still a nice soft road!

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

In one of my ESPN brackets I have Gonzaga winning it all. If I understand correctly there are only about 800,000 people doing better than me.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:
    In one of my ESPN brackets I have Gonzaga winning it all. If I understand correctly there are only about 800,000 people doing better than me.

And 600,000 of those say, " no first down"

o:)

mark

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

At the Fiesta Bowl an African American gentleman in full Michigan garb came up where we were sitting. He said he came to root for the Big 10 representative. I thought that was very nice. Now in that game maybe the Buckeyes had pretty close to no first downs. However in The Game the top 200,00 and yours truly have no doubt. First Down. :)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

Brick is the man. A Buckeye even a Michigan alum would buy a beer for.

mark

• Options

Seems like every year its either a North Carolina team or a Kentucky team in the final. Guess I can go bowling tomorrow night.

• Options
    edited April 3, 2017 8:11PM

@garnettstyle said:
    Seems like every year its either a North Carolina team or a Kentucky team in the final. Guess I can go bowling tomorrow night.

You're not missing anything. Terrible and I mean a terrible game. Like watching bowling

mark

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2017 8:17PM

Yes it's not much of a game. Both teams are shooting poorly and the referees are calling too many fouls which has destroyed the rhythm of the game. This is the most boring close game I have ever seen. I'm getting ready to go to bed.

Next year these referees need to be benched.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@garnettstyle said:

You're not missing anything. Terrible and I mean a terrible game. Like watching bowling

mark

Bowling is not that great to watch today. The high tech equipment ruined the sport. But in the 70's and 80's it was one of the best sports to watch on Saturday afternoons.

• Options

The Big Lebowski was entertaining. I'm not sure I could say the same about Weber vs Anthony

m

• Options

I was surprised Gonzaga made it that far in the tourney. I really didn't think they were that good but they were clearly better than I thought. They could have easily won that game. Horrid shooting. Some friends are blaming the refs. I don't know maybe if you make just a couple baskets during that 7 minute dry spell the refs wouldn't matter! On to next year....

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Weber

Dick or Pete?

m

• Options

@garnettstyle said:

@Justacommeman said:
    Weber

Dick or Pete?

m

Whichever one invented the grill

mark