Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What do you do when the power goes out on a rainy Sunday afternoon?

sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

You read your hard copies of The Numismatist.

I read about the Barber / Morgan conflicts and the rifles included in the King of Siam gifts.

But the power just came back on while in the middle of the very interesting story of Stickney acquiring the 1804 dollar from the mint cabinet, along with lots of other cool coins.

Now I'm posting here. Talk about a short attention span.
I'll finish the article......well maybe after the game. ;)

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Comments

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

the power didnt go out but i spent most of the day at a local park reading various books and feeding the funny and cute plethora of indigenous wildlife. even though a bird of prey showed up and the wildlife went ballistic. doh!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sparky64 said:
    You read your hard copies of The Numismatist.

What a great way to spend an afternoon. In my house, power outage = cooking on the wood stove.

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

I count to 15 seconds and the stand by generator kicks on. Problem solved. :)

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't tell you what I would do as it never rains here in Vegas!! lol

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can tell you what I would like to do....but my wife usually disagrees with my idea.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mannie gray said:
    I can tell you what I would like to do....but my wife usually disagrees with my idea.

BINGO

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

Auction catalogs . . . with pictures. Just imagining I had $10 million to spend . .

Drunner

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd either VAM by candle light or finish my Redfield book. The battle between the barber's & Morgan was epic with Linderman caught in the middle. What entitled snobs the barber's were.

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The power rarely goes out here... unlike when I lived in the Seattle area. There I had a generator for those inconveniences. Here it usually is no more than a few minutes... except once about seven years ago... it was out for two days...Dry ice in the refrigerator and freezer...and cooked on the gas stove (manual light). Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file