Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Look at this Eagle doing his best Standing Liberty Quarter pose...

Other day my dog killed a juvenile opossum in my back yard (it really WAS dead...not just faking, as they always do when attacked). So I tossed it out of the fenced dog area down by the edge of our little lake where I knew the many local buzzards would take care of disposal.
Next day, I spied a Turkey vulture going for it. Alerted my wife and she went to have a look. I heard her exclaim, " Ohh! It's beautiful! It has a white head! It looks like an eagle!"
Well apparently a pair of mature bald eagles spotted the vulture's meal and came in to take it for their own! One of the eagles carried it up into a tree across the lake and the two of them entertained us while eating. I got this pic of one of them leaving and was struck by the "life imitates art" aspect...

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kccoin said:
    How exciting!

I don't see three stars below. So I'm guessing its a Type One

Funny.

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool picture :)

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice picture! In fact I saved it so I can look at it sometimes. It is very calming to me. Thanks for posting it!

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great picture and good story to go with it.... that is a keeper. Thanks for showing us... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is more a Gobrecht dollar pose!

Thanks for sharing it.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2016 5:49AM

@Thor11 said:
    whats this got to do with coin collecting Bushmaster ??

After reading the title and looking at the picture, let alone the fact that everyone else drew the correlation, and you have to ask, you should find another hobby.

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL....I was expecting to see an eagle standing with a shield, and American flag. Think I misconstrued the title's reference. ;)

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Thor11 said:
    oh , I saw the correlation ...but whats that got to do with coin collecting ? You can stretch the truth any way you like - but rules are rules .

Perhaps consider ignoring a thread you don't care for?

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin design originates from something in life, Imagine life a century ago. Someone saw this eagles' ancestor, in flight, and was so awe inspired as to depict it for eternity on a metal disk called a 'coin'

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2016 7:43AM

Thanks for posting an awesome pic! A perfect real life reminder of the inspiration for our beautiful Standing Liberty Quarter!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    rainbowlover1rainbowlover1 Posts: 402 ✭✭✭

Pretty cool picture

• Rainbowlover1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file