Home Precious Metals
Options

An interesting new use for silver in the medical field

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

The more uses the better. I still can't believe how much silver is being used in solar panels.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting article. Thanks for posting!

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Seems IF it comes to clinical application it will have a nanoincrease in the demand for silver! :)

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand silver is a critical component in vampire repellant. ;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm moving my stack to the medicine cabinet. :)

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

Thought that was werewolves.......

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

they do sell silver bullets for a reason

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said:

@PerryHall said:

Thought that was werewolves.......

You're probably right. Also, let's not forget that according to the Lone Ranger silver makes really great bullets. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought Silver was a horse!
    Hi Yo!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is definitely anti-microbial.... which is why I was amazed when the big fuss over solder in electronics was made...forcing a switch to silver alloy. Lead, in soil, will not leach (the major fear of the alarmists), while silver will...and it will kill fish. A very stupid and ill informed move... Cheers, RickO