Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2016 Houston Money Show Announcement

**60TH HOUSTON MONEY SHOW – DECEMBER 1-3 **

**Tables are still available for the 2016 Money Show in Houston and dealers are encouraged to contact the Greater Houston Coin Club to arrange a booth setup. **

The 60th Houston Money Show will be held on Thursday, Friday, & Saturday-
 December 1-3, 2016.  

Show location is at the George R. Brown Convention Center, 1001 Avenida de las
 Americas, Houston. The show will be located at the convention center on the first
 floor, Hall E.  

Show hours are scheduled on Thursday (Dec. 1) from 1-6pm, Friday (Dec. 2) from
 10am- 6pm, and Saturday (Dec. 3) from 10am to 5pm.  In addition to the show itself,
 on Thursday and Friday evening at 6:30 a collectors' auction will be held by Rarities
 Room which will also utilize the services of proxibid.com.  There is no charge to
 attend the auction.

Dealers are reminded of our convenience to both Houston airports, security room
 Wednesday and Saturday nights, spacious and secure bourse, 1 parking pass per booth
 in a secure, fenced, guarded, and covered area, presence of PCGS, NGC, & ANACS, and
 convenience of being able to drive into the hall with security for unloading and loading.  For further information contact Claude Mathes, 936-581-4180, cdmathes@hughes.net  or Jack Domurat, 832-610-5313, jackurat@sbcglobal.net.

Public is encouraged to attend.  Admission is $3/day cash, photo ID required, and children
 under 17 along with military in uniform have free admission.

You can find all types of coins and currency for sale: U.S., Ancient, Error Coins, Medals,
 Tokens, and much, much more. There will be numismatic books and literature, supplies, and unique gifts for the holidays.
 Come and take part in our exhibits, displays, educational presentations, and family oriented
 events.  On Saturday, free youth treasure chest grab and put-a-penny in a slot.  Also, on
 Saturday is the Scout Merit Badge Clinic.

This event is a project sponsored by the Greater Houston Coin Club which is an organization
 promoting “Education Through Numismatics”.

Visit www.houstoncoinshow.org or email Claude Mathes cdmathes@hughes.net.

**HOUSTON MONEY SHOW- AUCTION 2016 **

During the first two evenings at Houston's Money Show (Dec. 1-3),
 Rarities Room Auction will present a very diversified array of numismatic
 material.  Everything from “Classic” U.S., to ancients, world crowns and gold,
 a Texas 1817 Jola (7 known), Texas currency, rare oddities, coin glass, etc.,
 and (6) Pop. 1 Coins!  The catalogue is available for online viewing and bidding  at www.proxibid.com.  There is a 10% BP at the show floor, 15% BP online. 

For more information, contact: Rarities Room Auction at coinvalu@yahoo.com or Greater Houston Coin Club at: www.houstoncoinclub.org.

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to be there but can't. The last time that I went to a show in Houston was in 1974.

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there Thursday and Friday. Saturday is my wife's birthday, so I'll be gone by then.

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭✭

CRO will be there.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great show to get dealer face time - it is not as active as for example, FUN, so you can spend some time talking to the dealers. Alot of great dealers with great stuff setting up, and H-Town is known for its fantastic restaurants including many within a few blocks of the George Brown Convention Center. If anyone needs recommendations on where to eat, let me know.

Did I mention that usually the 1rst week of December we are in the upper 60s to low 70s? What a respite from the northern regions if you come.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

7 hours away...hmmm.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went once when I lived in Houston.... I think it was 1976.... Great show.... please post show reports. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Auction on Thursday & Friday evening using Proxibid. Many interesting lots. Catalogue on website.

• Options

Anyone out there who still wants to exhibit? Competitive and non-competitive exhibits are still welcome.

• Options

Schedule of events are now up on the website.

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be manning the ANACS table...

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options

Only 3 weeks to go- if you procrastinated, make plans now.

• Options
    nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭

We will be there Thursday and Friday. Table E.

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a member of the Houston Coin Club and have attended the last few years.

A large coin show is still a small show by convention center standards, so it takes up a single Hall. There will be some signage to direct you to the right hall (Hall E). It is towards the southern end of the convention center. If you don't want to pay much for parking, there is usually street parking available Downtown during the day within 3-4 blocks of the show.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options

Happy Thanksgiving from the Greater Houston Coin Club & the Houston Money Show.
    Looking forward to seeing many of you next week.

• Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2016 10:58AM

We'll be with Bonnie and Greg at Table 405.

Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    ShortgapbobShortgapbob Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭

We will be there in front of the room, table T-1.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

For a large selection of U.S. Coins & Currency, visit The Reeded Edge's online webstore at the link below.

The Reeded Edge
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are going to be some great dealers at the HMS, look forward to it.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

@foodude said:
    We'll be with Bonnie and Greg at Table 405.

You'll have to fight back all the Houston Oilers fans.

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file