Home Precious Metals

Comments

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

$775 wouldn't surprise me but it's a couple years away....at least.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

gold will drop but $775 is about $250 too low. Inflation is heating up, will set a stronger bottom for gold. Gold likes low rates and higher consumer prices.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• oldstandardoldstandard Posts: 387 ✭✭✭

I agree I think with a Hillary victory and a December rate hike we will test the $1000 bench mark in 2017. Everything will just be roses again for everyone then surprise my name is reality and I am at the front door will you let me in because you can not hide from me anymore.

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oldstandard, you should write Halloween cards.

How would everyone feel if gold went to 775? The time holding and at much higher prices I imagone would have quite a psychological effect.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I strongly doubt $775 in that time frame.... the entire world economy is too shaky... although the dollar, at this time, has strength, things change rapidly. Cheers, RickO

Ricko, didn't gold drop 35% the last time the world economy was shaky?

@cohodk said:
    Ricko, didn't gold drop 35% the last time the world economy was shaky?

It did - right before it went up over 250%. A "shaky" sends most everyone temporarily to cash, until they have time to fully analyze and calculate their next move. So far FED has kept the "shaky" to a low rumble at the expense of too many to count. Think that can continue indefinitely?

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

Do you think you will live indefinitely?

@cohodk said:
    Oldstandard, you should write Halloween cards.

How would everyone feel if gold went to 775? The time holding and at much higher prices I imagone would have quite a psychological effect.

I do and I have one for you, $775 I invite it please please $650 $500 or the new America price free I demand free I am entitled to it so give it to me.

@cohodk said:

Doesn't matter, I'm old. I'm stacking my kids' inheritance.

edited October 23, 2016 12:37PM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

Thanks again Dad

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oldstandard said:

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

Thanks again Dad

Your stack is way bigger than mine! :'( Even at $775/oz that's a nice chunk of change.

Your kids would be much better off with other assets.

They will just junk it anyway. And the cycle repeats, awaiting the next crop of the fearful.

edited October 23, 2016 6:30PM

@cohodk said:
    Your kids would be much better off with other assets.

They will just junk it anyway. And the cycle repeats, awaiting the next crop of the fearful.

There is a lot to be said about that comment, I agree all my toned stuff I will plan I selling but I have educated my kids so either way they so do ok. My biggest fear is I die and my wife and her new boy friend enjoy them ha ha ha ha. I had a friend that always said when we die are wives are going to sell the coins for what we told them we paid,

• TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

Yes. Yes I do.

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson