Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What happened to the "buyers group"?

A couple months ago, it was big! 30 guys wrecking havoc all over the hobby, putting collectors out of commission . Nowadays, I haven't heard too much...has anyone kept in contact with anyone from that group? Are they coming back? Future plans? Any help is appreciated...

Jimmy
Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.

Comments

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hyooge college football fans, and once the season started the buying stopped. Look for a surge after the New Year!

• Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2016 3:52PM
    Thanks for that...dually noted and I'm bracing myself for what could be the be all end all of collecting as we know it today. If for some reason you find anything else out, PM me.
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Maybe they just fractured into clusters.

• We never left.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

Some high profile people/players in that group...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭

sitting at the bar having drinks w/ big foot, nessy and the tooth fairy just a laughin'.

• Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I think it's a government conspiracy.

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2016 4:31PM

@begsu1013 said:
    sitting at the bar having drinks w/ big foot, nessy and the tooth fairy just a laughin'.

@Gemyanks10 said:
    I think it's a government conspiracy.

It's an airport bar out at Groom Lake, NV.

Kevin

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, it's getting close to winter. I would imagine they will be going into hibernation soon.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Are they at Jenny's house?

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball