Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"Non existent domain"

Is there an issue with the forum currently? This has been driving me crazy all day.

Comments

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not having any issues accessing it from my laptop but I can't get it to load at all on my cell.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, and a lot of hacking by a foreign Gov't has been going on today. Affected Amazon, FBI website, AiRBNB among many others. Perhaps the problem we had today has something to do with this?

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    coin22lovercoin22lover Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭
    null
    I read that, though wasn't sure the CU forum was a target. I guess it is, if not collateral damage.
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea forum was down for a couple hours. So was my website.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had problems also. Plus this new platform is driving me crazy, which is a short trip.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2016 3:38PM

Another private blog I post on was also down for an hour or so today. I'm sure there were hundreds to thousands of others. The Big Boyz out there are doing "trial" balloons for the day they intend to go full out.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:
    Yes, and a lot of hacking by a foreign Gov't has been going on today. Affected Amazon, FBI website, AiRBNB among many others. Perhaps the problem we had today has something to do with this?

Not a foreign government attack. For those interested in the meat of the matter...

krebsonsecurity.com: Hacked Cameras, DVRs Powered Today’s Massive Internet Outage

(Krebs' site is one of the premier security sites around.)

It's essentially a massive DDOS (distributed denial of service) attack which originates from hacked "Internet of Things". (IoT devices are like the refrigerators, thermostats and other devices put on-line. This worm uses things like video cameras and DVR's.)

The source code was released a couple of weeks ago, so any numbnut with a half a brain can set one up and disrupt the entire internet. Ironically, the source was released because Krebs was close to finding the author. (And his site was hit with the most massive DDOS attack in history...)

• Options
    BustCudsBustCuds Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Internet interrupted twice today, early this morning and again mid-afternoon.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.... was out a lot yesterday.... I believe it was related to the DDOS issue.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, since the US turned over control of the internet to the UN recently I suspect things will only get worse until we are completely and permanently taken off-line and the grid goes down and we will be living like a 3rd world country.

GrandAm :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file