Home Sports Talk
Options

Superbowl Predictions?

LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
Seahawks all the way image

(first time posting in the Sports Talk forum, sorry if this is already a "been there done that" thread)

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LotsoLuck

(first time posting in the Sports Talk forum, sorry if this is already a "been there done that" thread)

Dallas , but only if Romo comes back image
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duh, New England : )

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to early for this type of talk
  • Options
    But welcome to the sports talk OP!
  • Options
    I like PIT coming out of the AFC. However, I don't like their chances against a stout defense. So, my way-too-early prediction is Seattle over Pittsburgh.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bronco2078
    Originally posted by: LotsoLuck

Dallas , but only if Romo comes back image

They will have a better chance with Dak. Dak makes way better decisions at the line!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: perkdog
    Way to early for this type of talk

Maybe, but it is Football, I talk about it in May : )

• Options

Alrighty then. This thread is now a month old and more relevant.

Bronco & Lurksalot---still feel the same?
    Dimeman---looks like you are right thus far
    Justacommeman---more than likely

Season is midway and baseball is over, Football anyone?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2016 9:59AM

NFC is the weaker conference this year. I'm going to say NE vs Dallas, just so DM can give Garrett some credit as a HC, lol..

Seattle may not even make the playoffs let alone the Super Bowl.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

NE vs Atlanta

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

It pains me to say but I think the Hawks will win their division and not much beyond. Only a offensive line miracle would change that.
    I'm leaning more towards a NE vs Dallas at this point. Don't see Atlanta there. I can't even find a dark horse beyond that in the NFC

• Options

Dallas vs Denver........repeat from way back......same result I hope.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    NE vs Atlanta

This is what I'd like to see as well. Would love to see my Falcons 1. get there and 2. win it.

• Options

@grote15 said:
    NFC is the weaker conference this year. I'm going to say NE vs Dallas, just so DM can give Garrett some credit as a HC, lol..

Seattle may not even make the playoffs let alone the Super Bowl.

Seattle plays in a pretty weak division so they may be ok.

mark

• Options

Atlanta favored by 4 over Green Bay

New England' favored by 5.5 over Pittsburgh

mark

• Options

Kind of lost interest, but I am pulling for Atlanta to win it all.

• Options

I hear ya Dimeman. I'm pulling for Greenbay...I guess.

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Id like to see a Packers Steelers superbowl. With a Packers win.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

I live in Atlanta (well, 80 miles east of Atlanta), but not a Falcons fan. I went online to check tix cost...wow...for "decent" seats you're looking at $5-800+, so, I'll be watching on the tube. Great seats are 5 figures, up!
    I'm pulling for Green Bay, I think Rodgers will take the win, his skills are just too good.

BIG Pats fan, Brady will take the win...given the poor performance of the Steelers in KC.

I'm seeing a Green Bay - Pats SB, with Pats taking the win...we'll see.

• Options

On Nov 5

@Justacommeman said:
    NE vs Atlanta

Well this pick is still in the mix. Both are favorites this weekend FWIW

mark

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

On Nov 5

@Justacommeman said:
    NE vs Atlanta

Well this pick is still in the mix. Both are favorites this weekend FWIW

mark

Born a UM fan, like Brady as one of the GOAT, but I want my Falcons to be in it and win it!

Lions and Falcons...a hard 2 'home teams' to have to root for....

• Options

I am the biggest Pats fan but I honestly have little faith in them winning the Super Bowl, I hope they get there and win but the Steelers are tough and either winner I believe will face the Falcons who are firing off on all cylinders, they got 2 really good backs and Matt Ryan is having an insane season. The Packers defense gives up too much against Atlanta to beat them in a shoot out.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    NE vs Atlanta

I know the Pats were/are/always will be chalky, but that wasn't a bad little prediction with ATL. I think they were 6-3 on Nov 5.

Did you put any $ on that?

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@Justacommeman said:
    NE vs Atlanta

I know the Pats were/are/always will be chalky, but that wasn't a bad little prediction with ATL. I think they were 6-3 on Nov 5.

I have Atlanta outright. NE is hard to bet. But I wish I did now!

I did do well on the season wins over/under ( a group of us bet this every year on a Vegas binge trip)

Had Bears under 7.5, Atlanta over 7.5, Lions over 7.0, Miami over 7.0 , Raiders over 8.5 , Philly over 6.5. Lost on Ravens over 8.5

mark

• Options
    edited January 17, 2017 11:12AM

@Justacommeman said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Justacommeman said:
    NE vs Atlanta

I have Atlanta outright. NE is hard to bet. But I wish I did now!

I did do well on the season wins over/under ( a group of us bet this every year on a Vegas binge trip)

Had Bears under 7.5, Atlanta over 7.5, Lions over 7.0, Miami over 7.0 , Raiders over 8.5 , Philly over 6.5. Lost on Ravens over 8.5

mark

Just think how much you could have made on Dallas over 12.5!

• Options

Dallas's over under wins for the season was 8. One of our group begged us to bet the under. We have since voted him off of the Island. Next year we will tell him we are going to Vegas on a different weekend

M

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

so much for Pittsburgh vs. Dallas, I now see New England vs. Atlanta.

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

After the Packers performance this past weekend, I can see them beating Atlanta.

• Options

Atlanta 41
    NE 20

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ryan isn't going to do anything in the super bowl , he is a dome QB that means he is soft.

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭

Atlanta vs G. Bay game has the potential to be a shootout , Atlanta has the better backfield with both backs able to take it to the house on a short pass or run, Julio Jones (Toe) could be a significant factor in the outcome. Green Bay has the superior receiving core , especially with J.Nelson back. Both QB's have had stellar years, Atlanta's D has stepped up somewhat the last 6 weeks, G. Bay DEF is a ? . Longshot Christian Michael could be the surprise , kinda shocked he hasn't played in the backfield more. "Should" be a great game. Only time will tell, get your popcorn. Winner takes the big dance. B)

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

NRG stadium is as good as a dome with a retractable roof. I think the turf is synthetic. Ryan may be soft- I don't know him but he seems to take some huge hits and bounces right back. There is no debating he is having an incredible season. One thing I've learned about the Falcons over the past -what's it been- 52 years? is that they will find a way to break your heart.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I remember correctly Atlanta has not won a Superbowl (and it has played in only one Superbowl, losing in 1999 to Denver).

So I vote for the Falcons to win and claim their first title.

• Options

Steelers and Atlanta, Brady is on the cover of SI so the Pats won't win. I'm heated that he allowed himself to be on that STUPID cover

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Steelers and Atlanta, Brady is on the cover of SI so the Pats won't win. I'm heated that he allowed himself to be on that STUPID cover

I see what you're doing there, Paul, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2017 2:21AM

Looks like Jordy Nelson did some light practicing on Thursday!

Update (Friday) - Damn, now some of the boys have the flu - Aaron, Jordy, Mason.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Hoping for a Falcons win

• Options

Both games could go either way imo, I think it will come down to defense in the Falcons/Packers game. The steelers/patriots game will come down to if the steelers shot themselves in the foot, I think its theirs to loose. JMO

My pick for the superbowl game is...

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen much of the Falcons this year but I have seen Aaron Rodgers. He seems unbeatable. Of the four teams left I will be pulling for the Steelers however I don't see them beating the Patriots. The super Bowl should come down to who is the better QB this year. That does not mean how they rate for all time, however this year I think Rodgers takes the trophy back to Green Bay.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Atl/NE Super Bowl. NE wins.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

I was wrong on the falcons/packers. I definitely thought that game would be a lot closer.

• Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Atl/NE Super Bowl. NE wins.

Looks like you could be right bluejay

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Bradshaw was right. Tomlin needs to go.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    edited January 22, 2017 7:49PM

@garnettstyle said:
    Bradshaw was right. Tomlin needs to go.

They need to do something. New England ain't going anywhere.

Brady 6-1 vs Pittsburgh with 22 TDS and 0 INTS during the Tomlin era

mark

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to NE, ATL and their fans, but Dal-GB & KC-Pitt aside, that was about the least compelling set of playoff games I can ever remember:

13, 20, 18, 25, 16, 18, 3, 2, 23, 19

When you're watching Raptors-Suns while the AFC C-game is going on, something is definitely amiss.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    Congrats to NE, ATL and their fans, but Dal-GB & KC-Pitt aside, that was about the least compelling set of playoff games I can ever remember:

When you're watching Raptors-Suns while the AFC C-game is going on, something is definitely amiss.

I agree, I found myself dozing off during both.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like teams may be even considering the pt. spread. But I'll give the edge to NE only because of SB head coach/player experience. Been there,done that before. Atl. only second year head coach. Will have to adjust to all the hype/hoopla/distractions experience that surrounds SB during the 2 week wait. Just hope neither team gets a 3AM false fire alarm at their hotel ala Pittsburgh. Good luck to all involved.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

You are right, this has been a horrible playoffs. Hopefully we will be repaid with a great Super Bowl. I think we will be.

• Options

Hopefully the commercials are not the highlight of the SB. That said, I do enjoy them.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    NE vs Atlanta

This was a November 5th prediction. If it were Reddit I wold buy you some gold : )