Home Metal Detecting
Options

Four silvers yesterday, couple other keepers

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
Got out yesterday. Tide was horribly timed, so I didn't expect much. Since tide was bad, the first hour there, I actually hit a nearby park. It was evident it was picked through, and there were hundreds of low tones. I cherry picked and found a few wheat cents, a buffalo nickel and a 1924 merc.

Got out to the Silver Beach, and got a wartime nickel, what's left of a sterling catholic pendant, and what started out as an old sterling band, but has since continued to flake off. who knows how much will be left in a few days. Looks pretty old too. Also an IHC.

Couple buffalo nickels and a few other keepers. Going out tomorrow. HH all!

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice haul... I love those silver Mercs.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭✭
    I think that Mercury dime might be the nicest coin you've dug all year.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fresh dug mercs, wtg.
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! I like that 3rd pic of "old water-found silver ring shedding its crust"

The Merc is shocking: pcgs69 on green grass, digging a shiny silver coin! We haven't seen that in a while! image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    It was getting dark when that ring came out. It was crusty and I couldn't put my finger through it, so I just assumed it was some kind of lid. Upon cleaning, the obstruction was a rock or shell, and once that came out, figured there was a good chance it was a ring, and silver.

It's refreshing seeing that bright silver come out of the dirt! First one in a while that wasn't black and crusty.

Did get out yesterday to a historic property and found another piece of silver in the grass. Will post later.