Home Sports Talk

Tony who???? Really Dak will make us all forget about Tony.

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
Despite a shaky Defense (until EOG) and Garrett making his usual stupid calls:

Dak gets it done!

Comments

• airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    "Dak" looks good but he doesn't look like a game changer. 2 games and 0 passing TDs...

Cowboys didn't really look good today - Kirk Cousins cost his team 21 points today with 2 wide open misses and the interception.

There is still time to improve though, only the 2nd game and the goal is to at least keep the team at .500 by the time Romo returns.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: airjoedan
    "Dak" looks good but he doesn't look like a game changer. 2 games and 0 passing TDs...

Cowboys didn't really look good today - Kirk Cousins cost his team 21 points today with 2 wide open misses and the interception.

There is still time to improve though, only the 2nd game and the goal is to at least keep the team at .500 by the time Romo returns.

Spelling fixed.

What do you mean Romo's return???? He has lost his job!

If Jerry (the idiot) Jones brings Romo back......I will seriously consider dropping the Cowboys after all these years (since 1960)!!!

Romo is DONE! Go away Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but no way Romo doesn't get his start back when he returns. Good to see him get Dez the ball though!
    Originally posted by: perkdog
    Sorry but no way Romo doesn't get his start back when he returns. Good to see him get Dez the ball though!

I don't see why you think it is "automatic"! Dak is the future.

Tony had his 14 years and couldn't get it done!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm a Dallas fan, I'm happy for the win but not too pleased with barely escaping with a win vs a lousy Washington team in which my starting QB still hasn't thrown a TD pass. At least he did rush for one, though.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Originally posted by: grote15
    If I'm a Dallas fan, I'm happy for the win but not too pleased with barely escaping with a win vs a lousy Washington team in which my starting QB still hasn't thrown a TD pass. At least he did rush for one, though.

If the D had played a little better and our brilliant coach had not tried the "STUPID" on side kick......it wouldn't have been so close.
    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN

If the D had played a little better and our brilliant coach had not tried the "STUPID" on side kick......it wouldn't have been so close.

There you go with all the "ifs" again.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

There you go with all the "ifs" again.

So true though.image
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romo will have his job when he is completely healthy. Dallas doesn't have to rush him back at 60% this time.

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman
    Romo will have his job when he is completely healthy. Dallas doesn't have to rush him back at 60% this time.

mark

I can only hope THAT never happens!

mark

Yes you do. You just don't know it yet image

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

mark

Yes you do. You just don't know it yet image

mark

No, it's true. I can only give someone so many chances. And Tony has used them all (+) up!
  • prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    Life long Dallas fan here... I'll be shocked if Romo doesn't get the job back when healthy. Prescott may have a bright future, but Romo gives them a chance to compete now. Cousins left a lot of points on the field today, Cowboys were lucky to get away with the win.
    Originally posted by: prgsdw
    Life long Dallas fan here... I'll be shocked if Romo doesn't get the job back when healthy. Prescott may have a bright future, but Romo gives them a chance to compete now. Cousins left a lot of points on the field today, Cowboys were lucky to get away with the win.

Totally disagree........The only chance Romo gives us is.....to lose.

Just check his history!

If you look up "choke" in the dictionary......There's a picture of Tony!

I'm sick of him!!!!!!! We need to move on with Dak!
    From Yahoo today. Link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/j...rescott-013924332.html

It’s probably overstating things to say there’s nothing Dak Prescott could do to win the Dallas Cowboys’ starting job for the rest of this season, even when Tony Romo is ready to return. He could play like 2011 Aaron Rodgers and keep the job. But he’d probably need to play like 2011 Rodgers.

Anyone starting to feel like Prescott is winning the starting job for good is forgetting that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones loves Romo. He speaks of him so highly, it seems like he views him as a son. And Jones made it clear that when Romo is ready to return from a broken bone in his back, he’ll be the starter.

“Tony’s situation, when he’s back, will be about whether he’s functional,” Jones said, according to ESPN.com. “We’re a better team. We play better.”

And Prescott’s solid play doesn’t have Jones thinking that the Cowboys can be patient and bring Romo back slowly.

“Not necessarily, not necessarily,” Jones said, according to ESPN.

In other words: When Romo is cleared to play, he will play.

Jones isn’t wrong. Everyone likes what’s new, and that causes people to lose their minds when it comes to backup quarterbacks. Two good but not great starts by Prescott doesn’t trump Romo playing at a borderline Hall-of-Fame level over 155 games. Romo has the third best passer rating of all time. Jones is right: The Cowboys are a better team with Romo.

But the Prescott story is still fun. Not many fourth-round rookie quarterbacks look as calm and poised as Prescott has. The Cowboys have to be excited about his future.

But that’s an issue for down the line. For this season there isn’t likely to be a quarterback controversy. This is still Jones’ team, and Romo is still his quarterback.

Zero and I mean zero doubt

mark
    From Yahoo today. Link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/j...rescott-013924332.html

It’s probably overstating things to say there’s nothing Dak Prescott could do to win the Dallas Cowboys’ starting job for the rest of this season, even when Tony Romo is ready to return. He could play like 2011 Aaron Rodgers and keep the job. But he’d probably need to play like 2011 Rodgers.

Anyone starting to feel like Prescott is winning the starting job for good is forgetting that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones loves Romo. He speaks of him so highly, it seems like he views him as a son. And Jones made it clear that when Romo is ready to return from a broken bone in his back, he’ll be the starter.

“Tony’s situation, when he’s back, will be about whether he’s functional,” Jones said, according to ESPN.com. “We’re a better team. We play better.”

And Prescott’s solid play doesn’t have Jones thinking that the Cowboys can be patient and bring Romo back slowly.

“Not necessarily, not necessarily,” Jones said, according to ESPN.

In other words: When Romo is cleared to play, he will play.

Jones isn’t wrong. Everyone likes what’s new, and that causes people to lose their minds when it comes to backup quarterbacks. Two good but not great starts by Prescott doesn’t trump Romo playing at a borderline Hall-of-Fame level over 155 games. Romo has the third best passer rating of all time. Jones is right: The Cowboys are a better team with Romo.

But the Prescott story is still fun. Not many fourth-round rookie quarterbacks look as calm and poised as Prescott has. The Cowboys have to be excited about his future.

But that’s an issue for down the line. For this season there isn’t likely to be a quarterback controversy. This is still Jones’ team, and Romo is still his quarterback.

Hogwash......And I mean complete Hogwash!!!!! Stats don't mean everything! Romo has always CHOKED and ALWAYS will when it counts.

Our only hope is that he gets hurt in his first practice......and is out for the year.

Go away Tony.....just go away!
    Wishing injury on a player? That's really low class, DM.

It's obvious he will get hurt. In the past 2 years he has had 2 back problems and 3 broken collar bones. Who is the bad one here.......me or Jerry for keep bringing him back?

I don't want him hurt bad.......I want him to retire before he gets hurt bad!
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking okay so far tonight
    Originally posted by: bronco2078

Looking okay so far tonight

He sure does. They are playing the worst team in the NFL but he is doing his job and looks good

Mark

It begs the question though , why are they scheduling lousy teams in prime time?

how do the bears ever rate a night game?

I seem to recall there was a formula ,it went something like if you won the superbowl you were slotted for 4 prime time games , the loser of the superbowl got 3, the losers of the AFC and NFC championship games got 2 , other playoff teams got 1 and any left over spots were filled out as need be.

I know thanksgiving games were outside that , and I think that predated thursday night football.

It begs the question though , why are they scheduling lousy teams in prime time?

I seem to recall there was a formula ,it went something like if you won the superbowl you were slotted for 4 prime time games , the loser of the superbowl got 3, the losers of the AFC and NFC championship games got 2 , other playoff teams got 1 and any left over spots were filled out as need be.

I know thanksgiving games were outside that , and I think that predated thursday night football.

I think they want to see Dak play!!image

The Bears are unwatchable

mark

The Cowboys are actually covering the receivers pretty good tonight.
    Prescott doesn't play like a rookie. Elliott looks good. The team has hope, even if they've beaten up on two patsies the past two weeks.

Prescott doesn't play like a rookie. Elliott looks good. The team has hope, even if they've beaten up on two patsies the past two weeks.

You know what they say.........anyone can beat you on a given day in the NFL.

I hate the prevent defense....it almost made Hoyer look good at the end.

We need our DL guys back....so we can have a pass rush.

When do they get out of prison?

mark

When do they get out of prison?

mark

I don't know. You would think that grown men making million's to play a game could stay out of trouble!!!

I think a few more weeks or so, but not sure. I don't have much faith in players like these.

I know it's only 3 games, but Dak looks very good to me. And he is impressing people all around the league. He is our future. And I really do think Tony should retire. Not just because I don't like him, but because he is getting so injury prone.
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last week, after game 2, Dion Sanders said that if Dak continued like this, it is NOT automatic the Romo starts upon return.

He was serious and acted like he had some inside info.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think Romo gets the start when he returns
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure how I feel about the name "Dak" for a QB.

If the name was "Dax" instead of "Dak" I would be on board the "Dax train". "Dax" is a great first name for a QB.

"Dak", however just does not seem to be a great first name for a QB.

Maybe it will just take a while to get used to it.

Is Romo going to lose his starting job to Dak?

Did not the Patriots QB who preceded Brady get injured and not get his starting job back when he recovered?

I am sure this has happened before.
    Originally posted by: SanctionII
    I am not sure how I feel about the name "Dak" for a QB.

If the name was "Dax" instead of "Dak" I would be on board the "Dax train". "Dax" is a great first name for a QB.

"Dak", however just does not seem to be a great first name for a QB.

Maybe it will just take a while to get used to it.

Is Romo going to lose his starting job to Dak?

Did not the Patriots QB who preceded Brady get injured and not get his starting job back when he recovered?

I am sure this has happened before.

Yes, it happened to Drew Bledsoe twice. Once to Brady then to Romo.

Mark my word.....if Dak continues to play this well.....Tony has thrown his last pass!

And nobody will be happier than me!image

On the radio today they played a bit of Jason Garrett saying Dez Bryant was MIA 3 days this week. He was afraid the MRI on his knee would be bad news so he just didn't come in.

Seriously? Is he a football player or some sort of high maintenance mail order bride?image
    It's the Dak and Zeke show!

Tony will NOT get his job back!
    Nice game

mark

It's the Dak and Zeke show!

Tony will NOT get his job back!

Many think Romo will get his job back

mark
    If they keep winning, it will be difficult to justify a change.

Then you may as well trade or cut Romo. For sure they don't have to rush him back

m

Then you may as well trade or cut Romo. For sure they don't have to rush him back

m

I wonder if this would even be an issue if the moron Jerry Jones hadn't rushed Romo back last year?

m

Who would want a old QB that is a choke artist and always hurt.

Just cut him and take your loss's.

m

Your head is going it explode when he starts again isn't it?

M

m

Your head is going it explode when he starts again isn't it?

M

It would be a huge mistake to pull Dak who is the future. He is learning fast and doing great.

The first hit on Romo and he would be out with a broken collar bone. So why do it?

Retire Tony.........................
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all fun and games until you fall behind two touchdowns on the road -- then we quickly find out what you're made of.

I think the kid's poise morphed into moxie yesterday.

Originally posted by: galaxy27

It's all fun and games until you fall behind two touchdowns on the road -- then we quickly find out what you're made of.

I will agree with this~Dallas has played very well but the level of competition has been fairly soft thus far. Waiting to see how he performs in tougher situations.

Also, as was clearly illustrated when Romo had Murray back in 2014, an elite RB will always make your QB look good, or even better than he is. The guy in the Fox booth knows that all too well, also.

I agree. If it had been Tony....he would have forced a couple of INT's in there trying to get back.

I like this kid. He's cool under fire...reads defenses... and can run when he needs to. And he has only started 4 games in the NFL!
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will agree with this~Dallas has played very well but the level of competition has been fairly soft thus far. Waiting to see how he performs in tougher situations.

Also, as was clearly illustrated when Romo had Murray back in 2014, an elite RB will always make your QB look good, or even better than he is. The guy in the Fox booth knows that all too well, also.

Yup, and that's why I said in a previous post that I want to see what type of play we get out of Dak & Zeke when the Cowboys' o-line starts to do their thing. If those two can't perform when the table is set, then that's cause for concern.

The most impressive thing to me is the fact that DP -- with a pacifier in his mouth -- has yet to give the opposition premature possession of the football. If the kid is already displaying sound decision-making skills, then that augurs well for his (and the Cowboys') future.

I know what you are saying, but even when Romo had Murray he made bad decisions and turned the ball over and lost games.

Yup, and that's why I said in a previous post that I want to see what type of play we get out of Dak & Zeke when the Cowboys' o-line starts to do their thing. If those two can't perform when the table is set, then that's cause for concern.

The most impressive thing to me is the fact that DP -- with a pacifier in his mouth -- has yet to give the opposition premature possession of the football. If the kid is already displaying sound decision-making skills, then that augurs well for his (and the Cowboys') future.

The kid is looking REAL good, but only time will tell. I give him an A+ so far.

I know what you are saying, but even when Romo had Murray he made bad decisions and turned the ball over and lost games.

What are you talking about? They got to the divisional playoff that season and if not for that call reversing the Bryant reception, they'd have gotten to the NFC Championship, at least.

In fact, Romo singlehandedly bailed them out that season with late gamewinning drives on more than one occasion, as I recall.