Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2016 Coin & Chronicles Set - Ronald Reagan (16PA)

2»

Comments

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll get one. I hope the mint's catalog software holds up to the demand that is sure to happen.

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Kudbegud

I'll get one. I hope the mint's catalog software holds up to the demand that is sure to happen.

With a mintage limit of 150,000 and a household limit of 3, this set should be available for quite some time.

I mean think about it.

The 1st 2 C&C Sets were limited to 17,500 each. This means that only 17,500 "Complete Presidential Coin & Chronicles Sets could ever exist.

Once the 17,500 Reagan Sets are put out to those that want complete sets, then it's game over.

Not to mention the $11.00 price increase from last years sets.

I'm not even going to get out of bed for this offering since these will lose money over the long run.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bestday
    PCGS versions of the Proof Silver Eagle from C&C 2012 Set sold early on for nearly $300 for a 70.

Seems to be about $200 now for a 2012-S PR70 Silver Eagle from either set. Raw and 69 are available at common date prices, around $50-$60 - strange since the total mintage from both sets is only 281k.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for one for my collection. Maybe another for a Christmas gift at some point. Maybe.

The $70 price point and the substitution of an ASE for the silver pres medal makes this a harder buy...
  • Options

Got a completed order in about a minute start to finish. No hanging or reloading at all. As pointed out by19Lyds the total number of 150,000 and HH order limit of 3 killed the need to be in at noon.
    @12:01 order # USM 045560xx
    Confirmation email received @ 12:23

• Options

Yep, very quick, less than a minute. USM045557xx.

We might get a first day sales number tomorrow, otherwise the mint might have been wise to release this one on a Tuesday...

(Hey, I got me a preview button! :D )

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welp,
    as of this morning "Your order has shipped"

It'll take 7 to 10 days (or more) to get to California because the spiral route the carrier uses, but at least I know sometime around the end of the month or maybe Thanksgiving or even Christmas I might see these.

• Options

I got the shipped email notice this morning too. This looks like how the newer fulfillment house does it. At least it has on the last several new releases. Nice to see better focus on customer service than that provided by Pitney Bowes, the previous vendor.

• Options

Coinnews.net is reporting a dismal first day sales. On the bright side, there's only 128,489 (give or take) to go! :D

Date Desc Number sold Net Increase Comment
    10/12/2016 2016 Coin & Chronicles Set - Ronald Reagan 21,511 0 1st day sales

(Yay, tables still work...)

I also got a shipping notice, but well, smartpost.

• Options

I ordered one to keep the collection up-to-date - plus I wanted the silver eagle, so this killed 2 birds with one stone.
    Also ordered the National Parks Service BU half as I like the reverse side a lot.

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Coinnews.net is reporting a dismal first day sales. On the bright side, there's only 128,489 (give or take) to go! :D

I'm guessing the flippers and TV dealers bowed out because of the max mintage. And regular buyers saw no need to battle the computer problems at the mint to get one. I think sales will be steady for at least a week - 10 days then level off to a "normal" slow roll. Don't forget the holidays are coming up. A stocking stuffer candidate for a Reagan fan / collector?

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

New forum software here at CU is to blame for the low sales ;)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

Household limits are gone! (That didn't take long.)

Have at it! (Or not....) :D

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

> > >

I'm guessing the flippers and TV dealers bowed out because of the max mintage. And regular buyers saw no need to battle the computer problems at the mint to get one. I think sales will be steady for at least a week - 10 days then level off to a "normal" slow roll. Don't forget the holidays are coming up. A stocking stuffer candidate for a Reagan fan / collector?

I'd like to see sales for this issue stay low, for several different reasons.

I think the mint was totally FUBAR for not having a silver Ronald Regan medal in this set. I'm not sure whose idea it was to replace it with an SAE but it was stupid.

On the other hand, it will make for a very low mintage (or would that be availability) of the reverse PROOF Reagan dollar, so that would be an interesting side effect.

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

It is a sure thing for flippers since I didn't buy any :o

• Options
    goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭
    edited October 15, 2016 8:29AM

"On the other hand, it will make for a very low mintage (or would that be availability) of the reverse PROOF Reagan dollar, so that would be an interesting side effect."

From the mint.
    " The Presidential $1 Coin and Chronicles Sets series started with Presidents Theodore Roosevelt (2013) and Franklin D. Roosevelt (2014), both including a proof coin with the “S” mint mark. 2015 Presidents Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, and Johnson each contained a reverse proof coin with the “P” mint mark. The Reagan Coin and Chronicles Set "is the only set issued in 2016, and includes a reverse proof coin with the “S” mint mark. "

Yes I guess even though this IS THE FIRST AND ONLY thus far, Reverse Proof Presidential $1 coin with the "S" mint mark in ALL the previous Coin and Chronicles Sets does not even matter.

• Options

Received this set in Fridays mail. Nice order fulfillment Mint. If only every order went this smooth.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Reagan admirer I would like to buy one of theses sets, but the price is high for what you are getting. The mint should have made the medal in silver, or they could have included examples of the medal in copper and silver. The inclusion of a 2016 silver eagle looks like a last minute "throw in" which is quite sleep inducing. :(

I am very glad that the mintage is not limited so that the flippers will not buy up all of them and collect market control prices for them. My position on this issue has been forthright since the flippers got to play games with the Truman set.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

My set has arrived, but I haven't opened it yet. Since I haven't heard any screams of "ASE REVERSE PROOF!!!" or "S-MINT!!!!", I assume I won't find any surprises inside... Anyway, the first official numbers are out:

10/12/2016 2016 REAGAN COIN & CHRONICLES SET 21,511 0 1st day sales
    10/16/2016 2016 REAGAN COIN & CHRONICLES SET 24893 24,893 First official sales / HHL lifted...

Pretty bad. On the bright side, there's only 125,107 sets to go!

• Options

Sales have been anemic but are going up
    Special Collectibles 16PA 2016 REAGAN COIN & CHRONICLES SET 28083 10/23/2016
    3,190 sold since the last report (above post)

• Options
    edited October 27, 2016 9:48AM

Oh look! I just got mail from the mint that they lifted the household limits! Only two weeks after they actually lifted the limit...

@Kudbegud said:
    Sales have been anemic but are going up
    Special Collectibles 16PA 2016 REAGAN COIN & CHRONICLES SET 28083 10/23/2016
    3,190 sold since the last report (above post)

You know, you could have just edited my post and added a line to the table... :)

DateDescNumber soldNet IncreaseComment
    10/12/20162016 REAGAN COIN & CHRONICLES SET21,51101st day sales
    10/16/20162016 REAGAN COIN & CHRONICLES SET24,89324,893First official sales
    10/23/20162016 REAGAN COIN & CHRONICLES SET28,0833,190HHL lifted Oct 14
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received that email, too.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:
    You know, you could have just edited my post and added a line to the table... :)

I may try that next time. Wasn't sure how to but now i see it. You usually post this stuff and wouldn't want to horn in on your territory.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

No surprise here.

• Options
    edited November 1, 2016 1:11PM

@Kudbegud said:
    I may try that next time. Wasn't sure how to but now i see it. You usually post this stuff and wouldn't want to horn in on your territory.

Not really my territory, my aim is to keep all relevant events (from product announcement, to ordering day experience, to the product coming off-sale) in a single thread. Every once in a while I have to look something up, and it's nice to be able to find the timeline of a product in a single thread...

Sales are still surprisingly strong, but the 150K mintage is still a (bleep)ing joke...

10/30/20162016 REAGAN COIN & CHRONICLES SET32,2074,124

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file