Home U.S. Coin Forum

Draped Bust Counterfeits.

Seller posted a really bad 1804 earlier but must of got nervous because she removed it plus a fake 1909-D $20.

Report away.

1800 Fake

VcAAOSwV0RXvJG-">1795 Fake

For a nice bonus a decent Seated Fake as well:

1860-o Fake
I have plans....sometimes

Comments

• CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭
    I love the description on these... 'Not sure if considered a Morgan'

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if it were real, I'm amazed that scrubbed up Bust dollar has been bid up that high.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the 1800 is still there with 32 bids and $1475. what a pisser
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: totally

Listed it under the Morgan category, too.

Maybe, just maybe, a genuinely ignorant person, though I'm not so sure about that.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • planonitplanonit Posts: 525 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: lordmarcovan

Maybe, just maybe, a genuinely ignorant person, though I'm not so sure about that.

MAYBE but they listed an obvious counterfeit and were smart enough to take it down. I was polite and message them and explained these were not genuine and explained why and I have received a torrent of nonsensical messages from somebody that is either mentally unstable, not familiar with the English language or probably both.

They just keep sending messages including one about how this deal is a "flash in the pan" and I should bid or shut up and how I sent her death threats and she is an artist selling half a million dollar paintings. A very unhinged person.

• You can always spot the real numismatists by how they handle their coins.

Thomas King
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    their 1860-o dollar is also a fake.

I did send seller a nice note so we'll see what I get back; here's my note:

This dollar, your 1800 and your 1860-o dollars are all fakes. You've been taken by someone, get your money back asap. It is illegal to sell fake US coins and just tell them you want your money back or you're going to the cops.

gl

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: planonit

Originally posted by: lordmarcovan

MAYBE but they listed an obvious counterfeit and were smart enough to take it down. I was polite and message them and explained these were not genuine and explained why and I have received a torrent of nonsensical messages from somebody that is either mentally unstable, not familiar with the English language or probably both.

They just keep sending messages including one about how this deal is a "flash in the pan" and I should bid or shut up and how I sent her death threats and she is an artist selling half a million dollar paintings. A very unhinged person.

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, eh? Certainly sounds like it.

I see this seller also sold a fake Alexander the Great ancient, which was really more of a fantasy- the reverse didn't resemble any I'm familiar with.

She (if it's a she) also has some French coins; one of the sold ones and one of the active ones look fishy, while others looked OK.

I glanced at a few of the medieval Crusader coins and the ones I glimpsed (in passing) looked OK.

There is a questionable 1928 Peace dollar, too.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    she is an artist selling half a million dollar paintings. A very unhinged person.

If those hands are from a "She", it must be the lady from the Seinfeld episode!

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the pictures except one is shot at a stupid angle. That is one of the hallmarks of a counterfeit item offering. Don't these eBay bidders ever learn anything, or are they truly that dense? When the bid gets over $1,000 fior a pretty obvious counterfeit, the phrase more "more money that brains" comes into play.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
    Originally posted by: BillJones
    All of the pictures except one is shot at a stupid angle. That is one of the hallmarks of a counterfeit item offering. Don't these eBay bidders ever learn anything, or are they truly that dense? When the bid gets over $1,000 fior a pretty obvious counterfeit, the phrase more "more money that brains" comes into play.

I was/may make an entirely different thread on this but people just see the money and go for it.

We can all fall victim sometimes.

I don't think it has been brought up yet but there is a guy in Las Vegas scamming the BLANK out of everybody including dealers.

Las Vegas Scam Aritsts on a Roll

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the following response:

New message from: rld5374 (486Turquoise Star)

Thx

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
    Originally posted by: AUandAG
    Got the following response:

New message from: rld5374 (486Turquoise Star)
    Thx

Bob you are in Vegas? You heard about this James Salmeron/Richard Iden/etc guy scamming people left and right with this Carson City inheritance crap?

Numismaticcrimes.com posted about him last month
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Walkerguy21D
    Even if it were real, I'm amazed that scrubbed up Bust dollar has been bid up that high.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Wabbit2313
    she is an artist selling half a million dollar paintings. A very unhinged person.

If those hands are from a "She", it must be the lady from the Seinfeld episode!

imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file