Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Received a 1980-D Kennedy Half in Change

I stopped by the local Taco Bell this evening for some fine Mexican dining and received a 1980-D Kennedy Half back in change. I haven't received a Kennedy Half in change in probably 20 years. I'm guessing a customer early in the day spent it and the cashier returned it to me since there probably wasn't a place in the cash register for it.
I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get Half Dollars, Dollar coins and $2 bills in our tills on a regular basis. I normally try and give them out in change, after I gave them the once over for silver and varieties, the ones that don't get distributed to customers get sent in with the daily deposits to the bank. I am sure that they love us for it.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    I just noticed a BU Red 1957-D Wheat Cent in my pocket change. I know that wasn't there yesterday morning. So perhaps I got it in change from Taco Bell along with the half dollar.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you need to "make a(nother) run for the border" and see if they have some more "oddities".
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...have not seen a half in change for years...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I paid with halves today at the 3 tolls on the way to the westford show and back. I had to explain 6 times what they were.
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a bag of 2014 Kennedy half's that I ended up just spending. People seem to really get a kick out of them.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should see the ones they have wrapped in napkins toning!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file