Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

MNS Show report

goldengolden Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
I arrived at the St. Charles Convention Center at 11:40 on Thursday and quickly got my show badge. At the noon opening there were 40-50 people waiting to go inside. I turned left to start my tour of the bourse. After an hour I was very hungry ( the breakfast at the hotel was bad ) so I went to a Chinese restaurant across I -70. The lunch was nice and for dessert they had apple and cherry pie. I could not decide soooooooooooooo. image
After lunch I returned to the show. I saw an 1883 $10 in PO-1! Another dealer had 20 or so mixed date and mint War Nickels in PCGS 66 for $15 each. Another offered raw Peace Dollars ( I probably should have bought some ) that were XF-AU for $19 each.
Jonathan Kern had two large piles of old auction catalogs with a sign on top that said " Free ,no discount for quanity ".
I finally came across a coin that I needed. It was an 1859-O $1 in PCGS AU 58 with natural light brown toning. It had too many bag marks in the field above the eagle so I passed.
The only paper money dealer, that had a number of national bank notes ,did not have any from my state.
By 4PM I finished and had not bought anything so I headed for home.
The MNS show is held at a very nice facility with plenty of free parking. I always enjoy attending even if I do not buy anything!image

Comments

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good report!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good report......sorry you couldn't find anything you liked. It is a nice place for a show as you stated.....except for the construction going on. And it probably won't be done by the Silver Dollar Dollar Show in October. ARGH!!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice report.... I have attended shows where I purchased nothing.... still had an enjoyable time viewing and chatting.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the report. Where is the MNS show? (east coaster here).
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: kaz
    thanks for the report. Where is the MNS show? (east coaster here).

The MNS show is in St. Charles, Missouri.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file