Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why is PCGS Customer Service so unresponsive?

georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
I have sent this message twice now to info@pcgs and get no reply. What gives?

"To

Pcgs Info

Message body

Hi,

I have a bunch of inserts from crack outs I would like to have removed from the pop reports. Years ago they were to be mailed to a specific individual at PCGS....is that still the case? Just put them in a baggie labeled with my CC account number and mail them ?"

Comments

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While back , I just put them in a envelope and mailed them to the general mail box, mainly did it for pop report accuracy. They actually mailed me back a check
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're lovely , on the phone.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, call them, they have always answered the phone and been courteous and helpful with me.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are unresponsive to emails because they have a free 800 telephone number and prefer to actually

talk to people.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only time I have e-mailed PCGS is when I was following instructions that had been e-mailed to me about a submission, and that e-mail was directed at a specific person. I would suppose that sending something to a generic address such as info@pcgs.com might be overlooked or ignored. maybe the best bet is to call and get the proper person's e-mail address followed by the message to that person. there's probably a 100% chance of a reply.
  • Options
    uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭
    They answer my emails promptly recently. thanks
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last couple of emails have gone unresponsive for over a week now. Phone calls usually get (some sort of) an answer.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they have a new spam filter that's eating the email.
    -----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calling them drone monkeys probably doesn't help.
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    PCGS set registry team always answered my email within a day. They are very responsive image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    I agree, phone calls to them are quicker and they are usually quite nice.

But the other half of my lament is that all too often the answers I have gotten over the phone (and there have been maybe ten or so in the last 30 yrs) have been just plain incorrect.

So I prefer to get my answers "in writing" so that should something go awry, I will have some recourse.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice of you to get pop data corrected
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always preferred the direct contact via telephone...and always had good response. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    They've always promptly answered my emails.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For customer service, generally speaking and based on my experience across various retail and service businesses, email is usually the least productive way to get an answer or resolution.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: georgiacop50

But the other half of my lament is that all too often the answers I have gotten over the phone (and there have been maybe ten or so in the last 30 yrs) have been just plain incorrect.

So I prefer to get my answers "in writing" so that should something go awry, I will have some recourse.

This sounds all too familiar.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: oih82w8

This sounds all too familiar.

...this doesn't mean that you two are related also does it?
  • Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had a problem or delay.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hit and miss. Sometimes you get a courteous, knowledgeable, professional by e-mail or phone. Sometimes you get..... someone else.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran into something along the same lines as you and if I remember correctly (Could be wrong) is that info@PCGS.com is an outgoing Email address only. It is for sending out information and cannot receive Emails.

Your best bet would be to try Cosetta's Email or one of the other PCGS Email addys.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Thor11
    you can not bring disgrace to PCGS on their own site : did not Mr. Hall his self tell you not to post images of their " mistakes " here ? Did he not ban you from this site under a different user name ?
    My father , PawPaul, has been kicked off this site no less then 6 different times . I , as his son , should not be punished for his sins . But you need to respect PcGs ...o.k ?

• Options
    It is nice to get a reply in writing versus a "miscommunication" over the phone.

The info@pcgs.com IS the linked address at the bottom of virtually every page "contact us".

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Young Thor11 makes sense to me.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent a mechanical error submission request to info@pcgs.com on Monday afternoon. On Tuesday morning I had a reply with full instructions on how to proceed, as well as a printable FedEx shipping label. Easy peasy. image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just received a PCGS golf shirt. It had a hole it. I emailed them and the next day bam...... A reply and a new shirt in the mail.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    I have sent this message twice now to info@pcgs and get no reply. What gives?

"To
    Pcgs Info
    Message body
    Hi,
    I have a bunch of inserts from crack outs I would like to have removed from the pop reports. Years ago they were to be mailed to a specific individual at PCGS....is that still the case? Just put them in a baggie labeled with my CC account number and mail them ?"

georgiacop50,

I apologize if you have not received a prompt reply from our Customer Service Staff. We reply to emails as quickly as we can, however as other posters have stated, we maintain a call center, as well. While we would like to respond to each email immediately, some of our responses are delayed based on research into the specific issue addressed in the email or we are currently assisting other customers and have not been able to reply to the email yet. Our goal is to reply to each email received within 24-48 hours.

I did search our info@PCGS.com inbox and I did not see the email you were referring to, if you would like to email me directly at my email address I can help you with anything you need.

As to the inserts removed from the PCGS holders, please send them in an envelope to PCGS PO BOX 9458 Newport Beach, CA 92658. In the envelope, please list your name, customer number (if applicable) and the number of inserts you are returning. We will remove the inserts from the population, if you have a PCGS account you will also receive a $0.50 credit per insert returned.

Again, I apologize if our Customer Service Staff have not responded as quickly as we should have, we do our best to help each and every one of our customers as promptly and efficiently as possible.
    David Talk
    PCGS Set Registry Manager
  • Options
    Thanks David! Mailed 'em out a cpl days ago.
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman

I just received a PCGS golf shirt. It had a hole it. I emailed them and the next day bam...... A reply and a new shirt in the mail.

mark

Mine came with several holes in it. One for the head, two for the arms........

• Options
    It probably depends on who's responsible for reading that particular email. Some people simply suck at their jobs. Give them a call, it might work better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file