Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

CU "Mid Rollers" Fantasy Football League 2016 We are a go!

Hey folks. We have a couple $100 buy in leagues ran here on the boards along with the "Super League" of 2 14 Team Leagues in which CPAMike is the commish of League A and I am the commish of League B. We always end up with alternates who are unable to get into one of the leagues so I am gauging interest in trying to start up an additional league with a $50 buy in ran via Yahoo. Anyone is welcome to play, please PM me and post in this thread if interested. I would like to get 10 or 12 teams into this new league and we can run it as a 2 Player Keeper League instead of the normal redraft leagues we do on these boards.

CU Mid Rollers Teams:

1) brendanb438 (Commissioner) Confirmed & Payment Sent

2) slum22 Confirmed & Payment Sent

3) CocoaBeach Dodger$ Confirmed & Payment Sent

4) AC000000 Confirmed & Payment Sent

5) MrG Confirmed & Payment Sent

6) ugaskidawg Confirmed & Payment Sent

7) wolfbear Confirmed & Payment Sent

8) CPAMike Confirmed & Payment Sent

9) rtimmer Confirmed & Payment Sent

10) initialD Confirmed & Payment Sent

11)

12)

**Alternate for 10 Team League: Cubby

Payment Information

The buy in will be $50. Payment can be sent via PayPal Friends and Family (Gift) to brendanb438@yahoo.com. Please include your team name in the PP Friends and Family message with something discreet like, "Happy Birthday Brendan from team name". Thanks!!

Prizes will be as follows:

1st place - $300

2nd place - $150

3rd place - $50

Draft Information

Draft Type: Yahoo Live Standard Draft

Draft Time: Tentatively on Saturday August 27th 1030PM EDT

Significant League Settings

Max Teams: 10

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Trade End Date: TBD

Waiver Time: 2 days

Waiver Type: Continual rolling list

Weekly Waivers: Game Time - Tuesday

Post Draft Players: Free Agents

Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams) Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 20 to Dec 26 Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/RB/TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

Scoring will be standard Yahoo scoring other than passing TDs= 6 pts and 20 passing yards per 1 pt. This will be a 0.5 point per reception league.

WAIVER RULES

There will be weekly waivers beginning with the first games on Sunday until Tuesday. The waiver priority will be determined based on the draft order and then will be a continual rolling list. Note that any player not drafted will be a free agent until the beginning of the season in case you need to use the auto draft and are not happy with some of your selections.

Comments

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I would be down to play.
    Steve
  • Options
    Count me in, my middle name is "Fantasy Football"
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Had a few people PM me wondering when we would be aiming to do this draft. Saturday August 27th around 830PM EST would be a good time for me. I have leagues going off already on Sunday August 28th and on the first Saturday and Sunday of Sept to beat the start of the regular season.

EDIT: We have a few West Coast folks who it looks like 1030PM EDT (730 PM Pacific Time) would work best. Changing the date to this for now to open this up to everyone being able to make the date/time.
  • Options
    Bump for those folks PMing me.
  • Options
    Bump. We have 5 confirmed and 2 others highly interested so far.
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    I'd be up for the league
  • Options
    Bump. 7 players confirmed. We get to 10 or 12 we are a go!
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Are people interested in PPR?
    Steve
  • Options
    Everyone cool with doing this as a 1 point per reception or 1.0 PPR league? I am cool with modifying the league to be PPR if no one is against the idea.
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Sure count me in I will give it a try
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

One half point per reception works as a good compromise for a lot of leagues.
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I was waiting to make sure guys had an opportunity to jump in on this league first, but I'd like to join in without the commissioner responsibilities. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    You can put me down for signing up

AC000000
  • Options
    Updated the list to add cpamike and rtimmer. If everyone is cool with the half point per reception that is what we will roll with. Looks like we now have 9 teams confirmed.
  • Options
    Bump. Need 3 more teams to fill the league.
  • Options
    Bump. Anyone else looking for some fantasy football action? image
  • Options
    Bump. If we can get a 10th team in the next 48 hours we will have a league, if not I will scrap the idea of this league.
  • Options
    Final final bump. If we don't get a 10th player by 8PM EDT we are scrapping the attempt for this new league.
  • Options
    Hey everyone. initialD PMed me saying that he wants to play which gives us 10 players in for this league. I don't think we are going to get to 12 teams but 10 teams makes for a very fun league with strong teams. Is anyone against doing a 10 team league with a .5 PPR setup? I will start setting up the league tomorrow and sending out PMs for email addresses if we are a go.
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    I'll jump in on this if its still goin on?

Anyone use IDP defensive players? Or I am cool with keepin it simple
  • Options
    We are going with just team Ds this year. I am up for us possibly doing individual players next season if everyone is game.
  • Options
    Invites have been sent out. Just need wolfbear and cpamike to PM me your email addresses so I can send over your invites.
  • Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    PM sent.

And I'm in for going IDP if we continue into next season. We could start with both a DEF and one or two IDP positions and see how it goes if we want to expand.
  • Options
    Hi Brendan, I joined the league and sent payment off to you today.

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Updated everyone in the first post who has sent over the buy in. All invites have been sent out.
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    May I put my name as an alternate if someone decides not to join?

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    Cubby I will mark you as # 11. If we can get a 12th we will launch with 12 which is what we would like to do. I will give it until Sunday the 21st to see if we can get to an even 12.

Otherwise I will tag you as alternate #1 if someone who said they were in backs out.
  • Options
    paid
  • Options
    paid
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Actually I prefer the 10 team league Brendan.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    We have 8 of 10 teams now paid in full. All invites have been sent for the 10 spots.
  • Options
    paid today new name, Las Vegas Dodger$
  • Options
    We are down to just 1 team to pay and I will have Yahoo do the random draft order.
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Hi Brendan. $50 sent from MrG for Jerry's Kids! Thanks again for running the league!
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    And we are a go!!! Random draft order.

1. TEAM USSR

2. Timers tsunamis

3. Jerry's Kids

4. UGASkiDawg

5. TRoN

6. CPAnnihilators

7. wolfbear

8. Giving the B...

9. steve lum's ...

10. LV TrolleyDo..

In 4 years only the 3rd time I have been a top 2 pick in a league. The other 2 times the person I ended up drafting got hurt and my pick was a waste. Prefer to draft from the back of a 10 or 12 team league than from the front.
  • Options
    Why are we scheduled to draft prior to the final cuts? Is this just tentative and we need to determine when everyone can draft after the final preseason games of 9/1. First game is not until 9/8 so we have a full week to draft prior to the first regular season game, after the last preseason game.
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options

Our draft is scheduled correctly as is.

It's the single most popular weekend for fantasy drafts
    because the following weekend is Labor Day when most people
    are either busy with outdoor activites or out of town on vacation.

Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    Our draft is scheduled correctly as is. It's the single most popular weekend for fantasy drafts because the following weekend is Labor Day when most people are either busy with outdoor activites or out of town on vacation.

I believe I have a vote, so my vote would be to have the draft sometime between 9/1 and 9/7 and the time to occur in consideration of those of us on the east coast.
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    That Saturday/Sunday before the Sept 8th game is booked up with other CU Leagues drafting both nights.

If we want to try and do a Monday- Wednesday Sept 5th-7th draft aiming to be started around 10PM or 1030PM EDT we can see what folks can do.

Draft picks will only be given 45 seconds (not default 90 seconds). The draft itself will take 60 to 90 minutes tops and we are split between East Coast/West Coast pretty evenly hence the 730 PM west coast time.

Being a 10 team league final cuts mean nothing. The important part is we are drafting after 85% of week 3 is going to be completed. Injuries to your players is more a concern than someone on the bubble to make a team. I guarantee if someone is on the bubble to make a 53 man roster and you are targeting said player in the draft you are the only one targeting said player.

MrG if the tentative date doesn't work at all for you but it works for everyone else let me know if you want me to send your buy in back over to you and I can swap in an alternate. We have 2 alternates now in the wings for the 10 team league.
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: wolfbear

Our draft is scheduled correctly as is.

It's the single most popular weekend for fantasy drafts
    because the following weekend is Labor Day when most people
    are either busy with outdoor activites or out of town on vacation.

I agree let's keep it as is, we all agreed this date and time before we signed up and paid. You can also set your draft order if you can't make it.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    I agree with Brendan, Paul and Ryan. I've been juggling draft days around to make sure they don't conflict and already have two drafts on the Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend.

Brendan did a great job setting the draft time early so we can all plan accordingly image

Collecting:
  • Options
    August 27th at 1030 PM EDT. If this will not work for anyone now is the time to speak up. Again I have 2 alternates but need to know right now so I can refund and invite in the alternates.
  • Options
    Alrighty folks we are 12 hours out from the live draft. I will try not to drink too much during the draft tonight and I will try not to draft the likes of Tebow. image
  • Options

I promise to drink too much AND to draft Tony Romo ...
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    Originally posted by: brendanb438

Alrighty folks we are 12 hours out from the live draft. I will try not to drink too much during the draft tonight and I will try not to draft the likes of Tebow. image

Tebow is all yours. I heard he is going to find his way to a starting spot and average 350 a game and 3 TDs, plus run for 100 and 2 TDs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: ugaskidawg

Originally posted by: brendanb438

Tebow is all yours. I heard he is going to find his way to a starting spot and average 350 a game and 3 TDs, plus run for 100 and 2 TDs.

LOL. Actually think I am gonna try and draft Romo out from under wolfbear. He can't be any more inconsistent with another broken back than before can he. image

I kidd, gonna use that 1st pick on Dak Prescott, I heard he is like Elway, Marino, Montana, Brady, Manning and Rodgers like all rolled into one.

• Options
    It's on like Donkey Kong
  • Options
    That was quick....good luck all!
  • Options

Congrats to Timers Tsunamis for winning it all. I am right now fighting pneumonia which has kept me bedridden since Christmas Morning. If the top 3 teams can PM me here on the boards I would appreciate it with your PayPal email address.

• Options

Congrats Ryan. It was a great run this season and I can't wait until next year to do it all again.

And thanks to Brendan for running the league...well done!

Collecting: