Home Precious Metals
Options

What is the timeline of the 2016 SLQ gold commem?

BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
I looked in the US Mint's site and saw nothing. We've already got the Merc, but with two more coins left in this series, we're running out of time. Why didn't the mint make a schedule on these things?

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know too !!! ??
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet announced.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say w/i the next five months, give or take.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BBN

Why didn't the mint make a schedule on these things?

1) They are incompetent

2) They likely do have a schedule but have elected to keep it internal

3) They don't care about collectors and planning/budgeting. What they have WILL sell and they WILL make a huge profit, no matter how they handle this

4) By not publishing a schedule, they can manipulate things however they want.....wait for higher gold prices, etc, and no one can whine.

5) When it comes to be forthright and positive for collectors, see #1 above (ie...they are incompetent.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Kind of what I was thinking. That they were sitting back and watching the price of gold. They sure have no problem mapping out everything else, but these things are TBA'd and here we are nearly seven months into the year with only one of the three issued and no announcement for the other two. I'm guessing at this point we see releases of September and either Nov or Dec for the other two.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: renman95

I'd say w/i the next five months, give or take.

Wise guy huh? image

My original prediction, based on mint activity from past years, was August and that doesn't look likely at this point. With two pieces to go you have to figure Sept don't you??

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted by Bochiman 1) They are incompetent 2) They likely do have a schedule but have elected to keep it internal 3) They don't care about collectors and planning/budgeting. What they have WILL sell and they WILL make a huge profit, no matter how they handle this 4) By not publishing a schedule, they can manipulate things however they want.....wait for higher gold prices, etc, and no one can whine. 5) When it comes to be forthright and positive for collectors, see #1 above (ie...they are incompetent.

Ron...that is a very accurate assessment.... While I am not really interested in the first two, I do have a mild interest in the WLH.... not sure if I will acquire one, but I find it interesting. Cheers, RickO