Home Precious Metals
Options

Don't flash your gold

derrybderryb Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
'Gold Man' battered to death

Gold Man was a topic of discussion here a while back.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    You become a criminal magnet. Nobody knows what I have besides my brother and my wife. My brother only knows because he buys gold also and we just keep it to ourselves.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geeez !!! ??
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i remember that story. that is why some things are better off kept in a safety deposit box. and the less someone knows the better off one is.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree.... discretion is advised. Discretion and a good security system.... as well as personal training with a firearm....I have all three. image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Thats terrible, I feel sorry for his family. Now does the son wear the shirt or melt it down? I dont think id melt it, but keep it as a remembrance of my father until i needed the funds. I don't think id want to pass it down to my kids though.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loose lips sink ships.

Float your boat by keeping quiet.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    When I saw his pic on the internet the first thing I thought it was a joke, ugh... .
    Never stop stacking
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It didn't hurt King Midas, Farouck, or Mr. T.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Midas and Farouk had a major security team.... Mr. T. WAS his security team...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    Feel sorry for the family. But in this day and age if you advertise such you're basically asking to get assaulted.

I know a older lady who basically wears the maximum amount of gaudy gold rings, braclets, necklaces all over her body everyday out and about in public. Her and her husband were part owners of a gold claim in Cali and Colorado and spent their summers panning and accumulated a good amount of gold which they turned into jewelry. Just putting yourself out there like that is a "come and rob me" sign blinking over your head.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While discretion is the better part of valor with regards to publicly displaying items, from reading the article it does NOT appear that the dealer's wearing the gaudy outfit was what got him killed. It was his money lending job that got him killed. After all, a murdering thief would have killed his son too and stolen the item.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BBN
    You become a criminal magnet. Nobody knows what I have besides my brother and my wife. My brother only knows because he buys gold also and we just keep it to ourselves.

Now everyone knows,Lol

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ricko
    Midas and Farouk had a major security team.... Mr. T. WAS his security team...image Cheers, RickO

so was chuck norris image
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, that is a dumb move.

No way he could fight back with all that weight on his arms and chest.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea, but you gotta be built like Mr T too
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions