Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Chet Krause's Potty Dollar

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
Potty Dollar from the Chet Krause estate

As potty dollars go, I've seen better and I've seen worse. I gave this one a go, but came up short. Bummer. A potty dollar would've been nice for my Oddball exonumia collection, and the Krause pedigree a plus.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is cool.
    I wonder if a potty dollar was ever used on an opium dollar?

peacockcoins

• Options
    Originally posted by: braddick

That is cool.

I wonder if a potty dollar was ever used on an opium dollar?

Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    She looks like she's sagging but with the feathers it would have been a nice companion piece for your chicken trime.
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lordmarcovan, it's time for you to **** or get off the pot!
  • Options

I guess it was. I didn't toss enough money into the er... um... pot. Story of my life.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen better ones.... and for less $$ at coin shows in WA state. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    How do you know ex. Krause ?
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You where late for your potty training class.Bad boyimage
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed? How far away were you?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Originally posted by: ajaan

You missed? How far away were you?

Um... pretty far away. Like almost (but not quite) a hundred bucks short. image

I had a electronic snipe set (in the $165-175 range, if I remember correctly). In my earlier communication with the seller about the Krause pedigree info, he told me he thought it would go $275 or so, and the $255 closing amount shows he was pretty close to the truth. Really, I'm not surprised to have lost with my significantly lower bid, but I just didn't have the money to be competitive on this one. C'est la pauvreté.

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a shot, but missed.

Hope the mess wasn't like when you ate fudge cookies in bed? image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TopographicOceans

She looks like she's sagging but with the feathers it would have been a nice companion piece for your chicken trime.

lol
  • Options
    This potty dollar is the raunchiest one I've seen.

But very cool, in a slightly repulsive sorta way. The snaky *ahem* object image coming out of the side of the pot is a creative touch, which makes you wonder about the artist's imagination (or not). The other *ahem* object image in Liberty's right hand is unmistakable.

• Options
    Obviously Miss Liberty is ambidextrous.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mannie gray

Obviously Miss Liberty is ambidextrous.

Obviously! imageimage

PS- the disembodied um... appendage image in her right hand also lends a certain terrifying Lorena Bobbit aspect. D'you suppose she has a straight razor hidden away in the bottom of that chamber pot?

• Options
    Take a look at what the much-naughtier example I mentioned more recently just closed for. (Link is in my reply three posts above this one.)

• Options
    Is that in line with what you thought it would go for?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mannie gray

Is that in line with what you thought it would go for?

More, but I really haven't watched these much until recently, so I didn't know what to expect (and that's also why I lost so badly in the auction of the OP piece. I didn't even try on the second, nastier one.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file