Home Metal Detecting

Yesterdays Sunday afternoon hunt

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
I detected on a Middle School football field yesterday afternoon. After about an hour and a half I had a little over $2 in change. It was on the hot side so I thought I'd call it a day. On the way back to the Pickup I had to cross the practice field and got a couple of beeps. Pretty soon lots of change started showing up so I just kept on.

My total for the day was 23 quarters, 18 dimes, 18 nickels and 13 pennies. I like those kind of hits. I play to return on another day and detect in the horizontal direction. image

Comments

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    wow, can't remember the last time I had a day with that many quarters. Nice seeing quarters instead of zincolns!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing PPC... those quarters sure pile up.... I have been thinking about this, and my conclusion is that many people today carry quarters in change but not smaller coins such as dimes, nickles and cents.... therefore, they are lost more often. Just a theory....Cheers, RickO
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if I get the "harness" I'll start again with sports fields and parks....nah can see myself doing that..doesn't everybody in the park look at you strange and don't the kids just bug the heck out of you? Uh uh, I like the solitude of the desert...peaceful and quiet and no trolls around.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), [email protected]
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is a good day. keep us posted when you go the horizontal direction
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to dust off my Whites. Good day man!
    email: [email protected]

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Hello ricko....

You may recall a couple of months ago I mentioned that I had written a book named "Quite A Trip". My first sale was on May 28, 2016. Since then, I've sold 20 books and three E books have been sold on Amazon kindle. Not bad for only being out two months and self publishing.

With temperatures well over 100 degrees every day here in Southern Arizona, I don't even think of going out to detect. All is not lost though. My wife and I will be going to Wisconsin in early October and I'll be able to check out several spots where I did good a few years ago. Providing that these 82 year old legs still hold up. I know they will as I still walk at least a mile almost every day.

From the many posts you have put on this site, you seem like a very kind person. Chances are slim I imagine, but I'd like to meet you and shake your hand one day.

I look forward to your posts each time i visit the site. Good luck to you. Ken, the MDH.

Ken,

Thank you for the compliment. I would indeed enjoy meeting you. Since I am on the Eastern side of the nation (Catskill Mountains, NYS), it may take a while. I lived in AZ for eight years though and love the state. Still get there occasionally.... will let you know next time I will be out that way. Good luck in Wisconsin... and keep walking. We 'older' guys need to keep loose... Cheers, RickO
    Oh yes, Congratulations on your book. Where is it available? I would likely prefer the hard copy to an E-book. Thanks, Cheers, RickO
  • TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    Just curious... Did you ask permission to search on the school field or is that generally not an issue to search on a school field. Obviously you don't search when the school is being used.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never ask on school property. Never search when school is in session. Only use a screwdriver and never dig. I've had maintaince people ask for help in finding corner pegs and have had coaches ask to find rings and necklaces lost by track athletes and had a baseball parent ask to find her sons class ring. Found them all. Respect the property and no problems
  • TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    Thanks. I may try a school field.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is a track around the football field check the finish line are where the timers are. A lot of kids will leave their sweats there. Check areas that they may have set up camp along the fences. I like to check the side lines of the football fields. I also check the area on the field in front of the goal posts and if there is an area that the band sets up at that is a good area too.

Forgot to add that if there is a hill side by the athletic field or playground that is a go to place for change. image
    Great field analysis and recommendations by PPC.....Cheers, RickO
  • ricko...I don't want to put my email addy, my phone number, or my home address on a public forum. If you would email my brother at raccoonpress.com, click on contact info on the upper left hand side and after it opens, you can email him and in the email tell him you would like to purchase a printed copy of my book and ask him to contact me with your address and I will ship you one from my house. You would pay me directly. It cost $14.95. I have free shipping. Luckily, the first (24) books have sold out and I will be getting more in about ten days. I know I can locate one book to send you as soon as you would order it if you are ready to do that. Thanks so very much for your interest, I certainly appreciate it. Happy hunting in the meantime.
    Ken