• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite unusual.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: hchcoin

What is it supposed to be? a spoon

Yes, I believe so. Pretty cool.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing that came to mind was a drink mixer.

Cool, whatever it is.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭
    My first thought was drink mixer as well based on the style of handle....then I thought there really wouldn't be a need to create that much of a "spoon like" curve in the coin if the purpose were strictly to stir drinks. Then my next thought was that I usually have no idea what Im talking about with this type of thing (most things, actually).

Regardless, I think its very cool, and I would totally mix myself a nice Tito's and club soda with that thing.

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Phil, you know I'd like it.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting item... I first thought of a sugar spoon... however, it could be purely decorative. Neat item anyway.... I would have picked it up... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    that is a quarter ladle...as opposed to a full ladle image
  • Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes a spoon..... about the size of a salt spoon 3 5/8 inch's.

The only other one have ever seen on a US coin, is on a Bust Half with the same twisted silver handle.
    The Bust half was once owned by Tony Taravova.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats different ( in the good sense )
  • Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: habaraca

Yes a spoon..... about the size of a salt spoon 3 5/8 inch's.

The only other one have ever seen on a US coin, is on a Bust Half with the same twisted silver handle.

The Bust half was once owned by Tony Taravova.

There is yet another, a beautiful small spoon made from an 1857 Liberty Seated half dime, residing in my collection. These objects, made from genuine US coins, often exhibit incredible craftsmanship, and have become one of my most actively pursued collecting areas, when they can be found.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I saw the thread title I though that it would be an off-center quarter or some other type of error...certainly not a culinary instrument of any kind. Pretty neat.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Pretty cool spoon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file