Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A shout out to Gary Adkins Associates,Inc.

goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
About two weeks ago I was looking on Ebay and saw a coin,that Gary Adkins had, that I wanted. It had a buy it now price and I quickly purchased it and paid for it with Paypal. Later that day I got an Email from them. The coin had already been sold. They said that despite their best efforts they miss pulling 2 or 3 coins per year out of the thousands that they sell. They said that they would send me something for my trouble.

When I got home from vacation I had a package from them. It contained a handwritten note, a 2016 one ounce silver American Eagle, a one ounce copper round with a design like the 1929 $5 Indian Head gold and a small bag of candy.

I have never done business with them before. I have looked at their coins at FUN,CSNS and the ANA but never saw anything that I needed. Somewhere down the road I am sure that I will do business with them.

They certainly did not have to send me anything. They are a cut above the ordinary. Super nice !!!!image

Comments

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good relationships need to be cultivated!

Similar thing happened to me a few months ago, (with a different, un-named dealer).

I got a "We're sorry, here's your money back". Guess that's all I really DESERVED....but I don't feel a compelling reason to go back to them. image
    Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    msch1manmsch1man Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭
    That's top notch...with customer service like that, it's no wonder they've survived in the business for so long.
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gary is a true gentleman.
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's a good man.

Tom

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TPRC
    He's a good man.

Old school..Great PR.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely good people. I was looking at a coin and I wasn't sure about the grade so I emailed them a question (it was a so-so strike).

The email I received back said "I checked with Gary and it really is an EF, but we wouldn't want you to buy a coin you wouldn't be happy with".

edit to add: And I've bought from them f2f at ANA shows and been very, very happy with the customer service and the coins.
    -----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    He always includes the candy with every coin I've bought from him.

• Options
    GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had something similar happen with A major coin dealer. Bought coin. Charged my card. Received a confirmation that I bought it. A week later was told they had sold it at a show. the guy also mentioned they sold it for a significant amount more. I was pretty annoyed and talked to the owner. He asked what I thought was fair and I said I felt they sold my coin--we should split

The profit. He sent me a check the next day. I thought that was classy
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭✭
    Gary's a good dealer. Treats you the same whether you have relatively little $ or $$$$$$$$$.
  • Options
    DaveWcoinsDaveWcoins Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    Gary Adkins is top notch in every way. Great guy, and he treats customers like they deserve to be treated.
    Dave Wnuck. Redbook contributor; long time PNG Member; listed on the PCGS Board of Experts. PM me with your email address to receive my e-newsletter, and visit DaveWcoins.com Find me on eBay at davewcoins
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And his ebay ID? Web site??

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Gazes

I had something similar happen with A major coin dealer. Bought coin. Charged my card. Received a confirmation that I bought it. A week later was told they had sold it at a show. the guy also mentioned they sold it for a significant amount more. I was pretty annoyed and talked to the owner. He asked what I thought was fair and I said I felt they sold my coin--we should split

The profit. He sent me a check the next day. I thought that was classy

You are generous. My response would have been, " they sold my coin--we should split."

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding. The hobby needs more of this.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    I've had nothing but good experiences with Gary Adkins, top notch business he runs.
    Spooky
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gary Adkins and Associates Inc. are definatley some of the good guys! image The aforementioned accolades are well deserved! I have had several successful transactions with Steve Brodersen through the years.

Here are their website and ebay store links;

http://www.coinbuys.com/

-and-

http://stores.ebay.com/Gary-Adkins-Associates-Inc

Most, if not all, of his eBay items can be found his website as well for a reduced price.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    callawayc7callawayc7 Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Good to know! I'm actually keeping an eye on some of his listings and this might be enough to put it over the top for me. Still have to decide which one to get first though. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file