Home Sports Talk
Options

The Indians!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    magic number is now seven.

a bitter sweet victory as Carrasco goes out after two pitches, hit in his right hand by a shot up the middle. that makes two starters lost in September!!! the Team wins it in the 10th with a single up the middle by who else, Jose Ramirez on a 3-2 count, he always seems to be in the middle of things.
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    Now they need to piece a rotation together. But finding a way to win continues! Magic # is 7!
  • Options
    I was talking with my son and he raised a good point --- you can get through the playoffs with a three man rotation. it certainly isn't the way most Teams/Managers/Pitchers would like it to be, but that may be what they have to do. I suppose it would be Kluber, Bauer and Tomlin with Clevinger as a number four. I don't see how they really have any choice this late in the season. as things now stand I see the Indians winning the Division and making it through the first round of the ALCS, but certainly no farther than that. with Carrasco and Salazar healthy they would have been much better suited for a deeper run.

injuries are a part of the game, a bigger part than many realize. they often make or break a season.

• Options
    What about one start using the bull pen? It has worked a few times! Of course I jest, but Tito really has his work cut out for him.
  • Options
    the best thing for Cleveland right now is to focus on winning the division. they should forget about trying for Home Field advantage after that and turn the focus to figure out how to get through the playoffs, learning what each pitcher can do and how to set things up during the first round.
  • Options
    magic number down to six!!!

nice job by Tomlin last night, I sure hope he's pulled out of the funk he had slipped into. the Indians will really need him if they make the post-season and go past the first round. Brandon Guyer had the game winner in the ninth and makes it a little easier to forget about that catcher(Lucroy) who blocked the trade and went to Texas instead. the game winning hit was sort of funny if you watched it --- the fans on the rail above the stands had the best "review" line of sight and called it immediately, the sliding player sort of blocked it from the camera.

if you watch the game Wednesday keep your eyes on the lookout down the First Baseline, I'll be the guy at the rail holding up the K sign every time Kluber notches a strike-out. oh, the drama!!
  • Options
    well, the camera finally found us at the end of the 7th when Andrew Miller fanned the last batter --- before they went to break the camera framed me holding the sign and my son next to me, both of our mouths opened as we hollered!!

KC down and probably out after a sweep, next up the White Sox. the magic number is four so they clinch at home on Saturday or Sunday but most likely next week sometime.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well with 3 home games left the Indians will finish 28th out of 30 in attendence despite sporting one of the best records in the majors.

Dumbfounded

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Mark, me and my son were at the game on Wednesday with Kluber pitching against the Royals --- the attendance was under 15k and we couldn't figure it out. my son put forth the idea that it may be the very, very high prices charged at the refreshment stands and by the vendors walking around.

Hot Dog --- $4.

Beer in a cup --- $8 and $10.

Bottled water --- $4.

those were the only things I noticed. Ticket prices are quite reasonable, we were midway down the first baseline in the second row from the field, outstanding seats that only cost $45 each. it's a puzzler. we plan on going to at least one of the playoff games even if we get the cheapest seat in peanut heaven, we'll get there early and park ourselves at the Home Run Porch in left field and stand, the view is great with the odd chance of snagging a ball.
  • Options
    well, the Indians are in and although they could have done it Sunday at home it seems fitting that they did it against Detroit. the downside of the game yesterday is that Cory Kluber left the game early with a groin injury, code for some kind of a lower abdominal muscle strain. in this case I wish what it meant was that he got kicked in the nuts and couldn't continue!! the run that Cleveland should expect is tenuous at best with Kluber ready, with him out I don't see how they can realistically expect to advance.

here's what I know right now:

--- starting catcher Yan Gomes is out after suffering a freak shoulder injury at first base, only to end a re-hab assignment with a broken wrist after he was struck with a pitched ball!!

--- starting pitcher Carlos Carrasco was lost when he suffered a broken bone in his hand from a come-backer a few weeks ago.

--- starting pitcher Danny Salazar is a possible returnee in the BP after suffering some forearm tightness about a week before Carrasco went down.

--- perhaps the best player on the Team, Michael Brantley, had been out most of the season and in August underwent season ending shoulder surgery.

--- utility man Abraham Almonte is ineligible due to a mid-season suspension.

I understand and accept that injuries are a part of the game so I'm not complaining, but it seems like a fine season has been derailed by fate. despite all of the above Terry Francona has held things together, managed well with what he's had and until the last two weeks had the club on the brink of Home Field advantage throughout the playoffs. now he will be fortunate to have enough to actually play the games!!!

I hate waiting till next year.
  • Options
    Congrat's Keets!!! Cleveland rocks......

mark
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keets- Good luck to the Indians. I hope they do well in the playoffs.
    They've proven without a doubt they have a lot of talent and heart.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

So much for the Red Sox image
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indians vs Cubs would be nice.
  • Options
    well, a funny thing happened on the way to the ALCS!!! The Toronto Blue Jays fooled me and the Cleveland Indians fooled everybody else. the only thing that sticks in my mind right now is that earlier in the summer Cleveland faced Toronto for the chance to play in the NBA Championship; now Cleveland faces Toronto for the chance to play in the World Series!! as if that isn't weird enough, who thought that these two Teams would sweep their respective ALDS series?? add to that, both game three's were total nail-biters.

October baseball, baby!!! the formula that Terry Francona has used will probably not change. ride on the backs of the three guys he has and then go to the 'pen for help.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats
  • Options
    Well done, Tribe! Onto the ALCS!
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Red Sox get smoked.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    Congrats Tribesmen!

mark