Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Can US and World coins be combined for a re-holder order?

OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a small group of world coins and a small group of US coins that I'd like to get re-holdered. Some have damaged slabs, others I'd just like a trueview. I'd rather avoid double the shipping and handling costs, and decrease the chances of USPS losing my coins by combining into one package both ways.

If all PCGS is doing is reholder - printing new tags and taking a picture of the coins - is there a reason we can't mix world and US coins for such an order?

Yes I'll call customer service tomorrow, but may not have time to wait 30-45 minutes on hold. Figured this was a faster route in case someone else has done this before.

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might have something to do with why certain world coin must be in secure holders.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: OriginalDan
    I have a small group of world coins and a small group of US coins that I'd like to get re-holdered. Some have damaged slabs, others I'd just like a trueview. I'd rather avoid double the shipping and handling costs, and decrease the chances of USPS losing my coins by combining into one package both ways.

If all PCGS is doing is reholder - printing new tags and taking a picture of the coins - is there a reason we can't mix world and US coins for such an order?

Yes I'll call customer service tomorrow, but may not have time to wait 30-45 minutes on hold. Figured this was a faster route in case someone else has done this before.

You can always email your inquiry to them...no phone hold involved & they usually respond promptly during business hours.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LindeDad

Might have something to do with why certain world coin must be in secure holders.

Good point, although I would send them all under Secure service since you get the pictures for free.

Originally posted by: OPAYou can always email your inquiry to them...no phone hold involved & they usually respond promptly during business hours.

Really? I've tried this a couple times and gave up after not getting any response. Maybe this has gotten better lately.
  • Options
    valente151valente151 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭
    Just send them with a dealer to be reholdered at a show.
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as using one package you still can...at least on the way there that is. I have sent in multiple orders there in one pack but they shipped back seperate for each order. That's all I know about that image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: OriginalDan
    Originally posted by: LindeDad

Good point, although I would send them all under Secure service since you get the pictures for free.

Originally posted by: OPAYou can always email your inquiry to them...no phone hold involved & they usually respond promptly during business hours.

Really? I've tried this a couple times and gave up after not getting any response. Maybe this has gotten better lately.

Yes, really. I've always had a fairly prompt response as long as you identify who you are ( Name & home phone)
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    knightemknightem Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    It is my understanding that you can only have one service per form, but you can have as many forms as you want when shipping a package to them. However, once they are done at PCGS, they are not required to wait for all the orders to be done to ship them back in the same package. They will usually ship them back to you individually, with a shipping charge for each package.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file