Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does CAC really mean more than solid for the grade ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: stman

.....But again, what is wrong with what I wrote? Any bad information? Why can't someone say some reality once in a while without being jumped on and comparing to the other TPG's. CAC is their own business, why keep comparing when someone doesn't march in step with what you want? I ain't coming back to this either. Unless someone else wants to come at me.

I believe in all information should be disclosed, not just the good stuff.....

I wouldn't have replied the way I did if I didn't disagree with what you wrote or at least the market reasoning behind it. Again, why separate out CAC when no other entity in the coin business is not necessarily expected to buy back anything they grade or sell? What do you have against CAC? It's just plain silly to think they have to make a strong offer on rare varieties, toners, stars, pluses, gold beans, etc., etc. You're suggesting CAC has to march in step with your desires of making offers on everything they sticker, even more esoteric stuff....and by "offers" we both know that those have to be strong/fair ones...not 50% of wholesale. If CAC has stickered some $50 MILL or $100 MILL in coins already, they can't even begin to buy back all that stuff at one time....nor can any dealer. They will buy back or make offers on coin that fit their customer/client needs.

So will CAC make one of those "sight unseen" bids on common Morgans with monster toning and stickers that blow everybody's mind out there, and pay market prices? How bout those rare varieties on coins? Will they pay "sight unseen" premiums for R-6 and R-7 Bust halves that have stickers?

To be fair folks should know about this. I never see anything posted about this. Just that they put their money where there mouth is. Which is too general of a statement. IMO

That's your last post. Do you really think most collectors of that stuff don't realize CAC is probably not a ready, top-end player in those markets?

I wouldn't expect CAC to buy any particular stickered coin I may own at near FMV prices...just like I don't expect any other dealer to have to buy back anything they sold to me. I do expect CAC to make an offer, even if low. And if they cannot make an offer because they have no outlet for a particular coin, I'd expect them to say so. That's all I can expect from them. In this reply, I too am disclosing all information available to me. None of my forum posts hold back the bad at the expense of the good.

Your suggestion that CAC must offer strong buy prices relative to FMV on anything they've ever stickered is identical to expecting the TPG's to take back "everything" out of the market place that is technically over-graded. Find me something in CAC's charter that says they have to buy back everything they've stickered or at a minimum, must make strong offers on any of them when offered to them.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just sounding like politics. What about the other guy. I have nothing whatsoever against CAC, I do have something against some of the attitudes of some of the promoters. I don't expect them to buy everything..... your words again.

Look, if one person is lurking and is under the assumption that some of what I asked is true..... I'm OK with that. If it saves one person from assuming..... well I know CAC will make a strong bid on my 5K toner because they always say The company makes strong offers, or fair offers on the boards. Whether they might misunderstand or not. You want to fault me for that so be it.

I see misinformation all the time on here about CAC and rarely do I see any of the promoters come in and correct it. But let me say they might not pay close to 5K for a 300.00 toner and you're all over it.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    Your suggestion that CAC must offer strong buy prices relative to FMV on anything they've ever stickered

I never said must, nor do I expect it. Why do you keep putting words I haven't said. Because you're so quick to come at me you see what you want to see IMO. Now can this stop!
  • Options
    Find me something in CAC's charter that says they have to buy back everything they've stickered or at a minimum, must make strong offers on any of them when offered to them.

Since you are editing I will address this too. Where did I say they must do anything, or I expect them to do so? Don't know why you keep bringing up someone else. This is silly. And some of you folks are making it like PCGS And NGC are irrelevant. Takes a lot of guts to come into someones house and knock them all the time. But it's their business and when they get tired of it again I'm sure some will know it.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

...I see misinformation all the time on here about CAC and rarely do I see any of the promoters come in and correct it. But let me say they might not pay close to 5K for a 300.00 toner and you're all over it.

I don't expect TDN, Legend, CAC, or other promoters of that product to be in here on a daily basis responding to numerous threads and posts. The promoters have at numerous times stated the CAC policies. That's all I would do. Read the CAC policies as well as the old threads on the topic. I'm sure that information is clear.

I don't understand the comment of $5K being paid for a $300 coin. ???? Do you mean CAC paying/offering $300 for say a MS65/66 Morgan toner worth an actual $3K in the market? I would be all over them if they offered $300 for a $3,000 toner Morgan. Do you have any confirmed examples? Does CAC even make a note in their inventory that a particular MS65/66 Morgan is a monster A toner, or just a A-? Is CAC an expert on telling that difference?

Oh, and they've actually graded $425 MILL in coins. Good luck trying to buy all that back (or even 5% of it) at one time.

CAC is an active bidder on many CAC coins. In fact, CAC has purchased over $275 million of CAC verified coins.

That's from the CAC website. That works out to be about $35 MILL/yr. $3 MILL/month. Clearly it's not unlimited. They obviously state they are an active bidder on "many" but not all, or even some coins. Active bidder doesn't mean highest, strongest, or lowest. And your insinuation from the earlier post suggests that CAC may not bid strong on your toner Morgans or rare varieties....as if that's some MAJOR problem unknown to market participants.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Originally posted by: roadrunner

...I see misinformation all the time on here about CAC and rarely do I see any of the promoters come in and correct it. But let me say they might not pay close to 5K for a 300.00 toner and you're all over it.

I don't expect TDN, Legend, CAC, or other promoters of that product to be in here on a daily basis responding to numerous threads and posts. The promoters have at numerous times stated the CAC policies. That's all I would do. Read the CAC policies as well as the old threads on the topic. I'm sure that information is clear.

I don't understand the comment of $5K being paid for a $300 coin. ???? Do you mean CAC paying/offering $300 for say a MS65/66 Morgan toner worth an actual $3K in the market? I would be all over them if they offered $300 for a $3,000 toner Morgan. Do you have any confirmed examples? Does CAC even make a note in their inventory that a particular MS65/66 Morgan is a monster A toner, or just a A-? Is CAC an expert on telling that difference?

Oh, and they've actually graded $425 MILL in coins. Good luck trying to buy all that back (or even 5% of it) at one time.

I believe you know what I mean. And you're wanting to include semantics. I was saying in general the figures and you know it. Never mind, I got divorced so I wouldn't go through this kind of stuff anymore.

• Options
    I don't expect TDN, Legend, CAC, or other promoters of that product to be in here on a daily basis responding to numerous threads and posts.

They don't need to.

And your insinuation from the earlier post suggests that CAC may not bid strong on your toner Morgans or rare varieties....as if that's some MAJOR problem unknown to market participants.

It could be to some collectors out there. Boy, I really said something bad here Excuse me although I know you want to keep this going.

Interesting, Seems like you want to silence me. Ain't happening. You have dreamed up and stated things I never said and keep doing it. Kinda wigging out a bit. Shows me I have been correct all along. I'm not going to go back and quote as you keep editing I can't and don't want to keep up with it.

And your insinuation from the earlier post suggests that CAC may not bid strong on your toner Morgans or rare varieties

I have no toner Morgans. At least not the kind I was referring to. Same as varieties. Again, putting words out there that aren't what I said.

You done editing yet?

Do you really think most collectors of that stuff don't realize CAC is probably not a ready, top-end player in those markets?

Like I said if it helps one collector I'm good with what I wrote. And I don't care about the most of anything or the major players out there. I was simply trying to possibly help a collector if possible. Why are you so against it? Now would you stop. I can't believe this. Wigging out and keep it going over something so simple.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file