Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
With precious metals !!!
Timbuk3

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UK vote to leave EU

Worst case now is someone asks for a recount and drags it on another day

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭
    Brexit.
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: FadeToBlack

Originally posted by: MsMorrisine

UK vote to leave EU

You realize that Parliament can tell the populace to shove off and vote to stay, right? A referendum is just a straw poll to get an idea of public opinion.

Not if they want to get re-elected.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

52% Leave, 48% Stay. There won't be a recount.
  • Options
    FallGuyFallGuy Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    UK vote to leave EU

You realize that Parliament can tell the populace to shove off and vote to stay, right? A referendum is just a straw poll to get an idea of public opinion.

A straw poll is a sampling of opinions.

Didn't the entire UK just go to the voting booth or am I missing something?
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: FallGuy

UK vote to leave EU

A straw poll is a sampling of opinions.

Didn't the entire UK just go to the voting booth or am I missing something?

Not a straw poll. It's an actual vote. Parliament ignores the will of the people at its own risk.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reasons don't really matter.

Just keep buying physical silver.

You'll sleep better.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    72% of the voting population is a hell of a lot more than a straw poll..... parliament does not dare go against this vote. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    It seems two events experienced results different from conventional thinking this week:

1. The Cleveland Cavaliers won game 7 (on the road) and took home the NBA championship and . . . .

2. The Brits actually voted to exit from the EU.

Makes for a memorable week!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The EU is a joke anyways
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My history remembrance should be confirmed but as I recall from the 8th grade, that the EU was

formed after WWII by 5 or 6 countries to protect their borders. I was in the 8th grade in 1958 so

my memory may have faded a bit.

So, it was not a joke but did become one as I see it.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always good to see democracy at work and the will of the people being heard. This despite the future results, whatever they may be, from this vote. It's why we are given the right to vote.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Referendum is non binding. It is an official poll to collect public opinion. What the members of Parliament now do with the results remains to be seen. Look for the globalists to turn things upside down in order to convince Parliament that leaving the EU is the end of the world.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Originally posted by: AUandAG
    My history remembrance should be confirmed but as I recall from the 8th grade, that the EU was
    formed after WWII by 5 or 6 countries to protect their borders. I was in the 8th grade in 1958 so
    my memory may have faded a bit.

So, it was not a joke but did become one as I see it.

bobimage

The EU is an experiment, and a major effort for a one world/one currency. Th's EU decides the economic fate of its member nations through appointed, not elected, officials. Control a nation's economy and you control that nation. The Brits were learning this as did the Greeks. It is about as far from democracy as one can get.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It (precious metal) does it's thing ... but few people notice until image they sold theirs image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Brits were learning this as did the Greeks. It is about as far from democracy as one can get.[/Q

This is the reality of the EU.... and the intent of globalization....Control.... by the few over the many..... It is not freedom...it is the path to tyranny. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: derryb

Referendum is non binding. It is an official poll to collect public opinion. What the members of Parliament now do with the results remains to be seen. Look for the globalists to turn things upside down in order to convince Parliament that leaving the EU is the end of the world.

For all practical purposes, the UK will leave the EU regardless of how folks view the "referendum" and its legal ramifications. To NOT leave would send signals throughout the World that the British Government can not be trusted.

Once Parliament invokes Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, the process begins and they will have 2 years to formally leave.

They either leave or face international embarrassment.

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: 19Lyds

Originally posted by: derryb

For all practical purposes, the UK will leave the EU regardless of how folks view the "referendum" and its legal ramifications. To NOT leave would send signals throughout the World that the British Government can not be trusted.

Once Parliament invokes Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, the process begins and they will have 2 years to formally leave.

They either leave or face international embarrassment.

On the other hand, two years plus gives a lot of room for negotiating the specifics of the "leaving."

Two years plus is a lot of time in the world of globalization, monetary policy and finance, not to mention geopolitics. We might see lots of movement among other EU members as well in that time-frame. The EU composition may well have evolved into something more representational and sensitive to people's aspirations by then. A great deal depends on the leadership that comes to the fore throughout the region, a great unknown.

We live in interesting times.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: dpoole

We live in interesting times.

That's what everyone says, every year.

What's nice is, in hindsight, these, too, will seem like "the good old days" in 40 or 50 years from now,

and by that time, things will be "interesting" in different ways.

Like always

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: CaptHenway

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-kA3UtBj4M
    Had forgotten this. Thanks. Also caught his other hit "Mercy,Mercy,Me".

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    What remains to be seen is the punishment from the EU for voting against them. The Greeks saw it first hand.

Brexit Is What Happens When the Pie Is Shrinking

"For seven long years, the citizenry has been told the economy is expanding and therefore they're "doing better." But this narrative is not supported by their actual lived experience."