Options

1907 Saint High Relief Wire Rim

VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
eBay 1907 Saint

Any Omar Sharif types in the crowd?

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how Omar Sharif is involved with this coin. I mostly remember him for the dinner scene in "Funny Girl" and the gap in his teeth in "Lawrence of Arabia."

At any rate this coin was probably graded by an "Uncle Elmer" (fly by night) grading service that probably said it is Mint State which it is not. The picture is too small to tell if it is genuine, but there seems to be something going on below Ms. Liberty's hand that holds the olive branch on the obverse.

I'd say the advice here is "Run Forest, Run!" You can buy certified examples of this coin in the circulated grades for less than $10,000. That is the wise course of action if you really want one ... UNLESS you are a gold expert and think you can pick one off at a show. Be forewared however that a dealer worth his salt gets these coins graded before he or she ever puts one out for sale.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    It looks like there could be an Omega in the eagle's claw, and it also looks like someone carved an Omega onto the obverse. I'd steer clear.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    Bidders can have confidence in the 11 feedback rating of the seller and the fact that the seller registered on Ebay last week.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a "mount removed" coin.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1804 H Cent looks niceimage
  • Options
    ArizonaRareCoinsArizonaRareCoins Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    This seller, us_coin16 AKA jac_ziegl AKA midwest_fun AKA christian785 IS
    Christian Lyche
    XXXXX Aspen Ln
    Lawrence, KS 66049 ......(I have X'd out his street adress number)

He is a notorious crook that has been discused often:

eBay deceptive listings...report

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file