Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

inappropriate threads (bst)

KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
Seems like a waste of time & penalizing good threads & posters.

Comments

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't sure if I should reply. imageimage
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most effective response is to use the "Report this to a moderator" link in the lower left corner of the offending post. The offender you are making inference to will be gone quickly if enough members use this feature immediately to alert a moderator.

If and when Coin Universe implements a more strict vetting process for new registrants, the chances of these criminals slipping through the cracks will go down dramatically. Realize that there are probably more than 10,000 registered members of CU forums already, and many new registrants on a daily basis. Not an easy task to manually vet each applicant.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    Originally posted by: coindeuce
    Most effective response is to use the "Report this to a moderator" link in the lower left corner of the offending post. The offender you are making inference to will be gone quickly if enough members use this feature immediately to alert a moderator.

Yeah right..think cu moderators are watching on a 3 day weekend?
    Ya gotta give the perp credit for good timing
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It got them to delete on the US Coin Forum.

BTW he hit all the forums on here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: KollectorKing

Assuming that one or more moderators have Smart phones, they don't have to watch. Using the report link will alert them with an email. This is the 21st century brother.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just went and checked the threads out thanks to you. why bring extra attention to them? image
  • Options

Assuming that one or more moderators have Smart phones, they don't have to watch. Using the report link will alert them with an email. This is the 21st century brother.

Ideal vs practical bro.
  • Options

Ideal vs practical bro.

Cynical vs. Logical bro.

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Another version of the Nigerian Prince who needs a bank account to get his fortune back.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LindeDad

It got them to delete on the US Coin Forum.

BTW he hit all the forums on here.

We're still drowning in spam threads on the Darkside, though all have been reported a while.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must have missed it.... and that is ok ....image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about this one? Seems illegal to the max

Metal Detecting

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jessewvu
    How about this one? Seems illegal to the max

That was the same one that was all over the place this morning.
    It will be poofed once somebody goes to the MD forum image

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: SeattleSlammer
    Wasn't sure if I should reply. imageimage

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are obviously different moderators for different sub-forums. I reported over 20-threads earlier today and shortly thereafter all the threads reported from the US Coin section were removed, but most of the others still remain.

By the way, I would not bump up these threads on the BST as it serves no positive purpose, in my opinion.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, I would not bump up these threads on the BST as it serves no positive purpose, in my opinion.

I completely agree.

Too bad Bob1951 didn't get the memo. image

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    All of the spam threads are STILL on the Darkside, more than 24 hours after being reported. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lordmarcovan

All of the spam threads are STILL on the Darkside, more than 24 hours after being reported. image

It's a holiday weekend. It's an annoyance, but a minor one, imho.

Let the mods have their long weekend...not like they are getting paid for working during their offtimes and being on-call as a mod.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Originally posted by: Bochiman

Let the mods have their long weekend...not like they are getting paid for working during their offtimes and being on-call as a mod.

OK, yeah, I hadn't thought about that. No problemo.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. The forum members here are a fairly smart bunch and won't fall for this obvious scam. When one has been collecting coins for awhile one becomes quite wary of scams and the rip-off artists out there.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are people who fall for this stuff, still! I'm an attorney and we got a call last week from an elderly woman who sent $2000 to someone in Africa so that she could claim her "lottery winnings". Over the years I have gotten a half dozen or so of these calls. Sometimes people get trapped into criminal charges after they cash a check for some from Canada and then are supposed to send the cash back via USPS. Amazing how these scuz bags can sleep at night. The should be drawn and quartered. Unfortunately there is no way to catch them. They prey on the poor, unintelligent, and elderly. That just a special kind of sickness.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He seemed to have gone poof on all the forums.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Originally posted by: Bochiman

OK, yeah, I hadn't thought about that. No problemo.

It's easy to forget, for a lot of us, when we frequent the forums so much and we have "non-conventional" work hours. Easy to lose track of what is "normal" for others. image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file