Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Coin shops in Budapest

BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone with any experience? Heading there next weekend for a few days while my wife is out of town.

Comments

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to know this, as well, as we will be spending a week of our honeymoon there in August!
  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are better things to do on your honeymoon...
  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent.
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a PM about the coin shops, or what to do on a honeymoon?

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PM is about coin shops. I would never give anyone advice about activities related to Honeymoons.
  • STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Stork

Is that a PM about the coin shops, or what to do on a honeymoon?

Wow, tough room image

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I get a PM, as well? Any of the abovementioned 2 subjects would do image
    Back safely from Budapest...

I found on very nice coin shop, Nudelman Numismatic which you may be familiar with if you follow European auctions. They were very nice and had a great showroom with many Hungarian, Russian and Polish coins out. There were a few original AU Morgans which were wholly choice compared to most dipped white coins in the Us market regardless of grade. The shop is located on the main strip on the Pest side behind the Marriott.

There are a few other places in town but I did;t make the effort as they are a bit further afield and I was't really in town to spend too much time away from seeing the sights.