Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New Grading Co.

TiborTibor Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is the first time I've seen this. Go to Numisbids web site. Scroll to Katz Auction,
May 29. Lot 1515 shows a new entrant in TPGs. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Katz auction Russian TPG holder

Thoughts ? From Russia with love image
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm never seen that....but it seems like its graded what either tpg would say imho so that's something image

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting plastic.

(Great looking coin, too. I like it!)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of "National Numismatic Registry" - I wonder if Pootie Poot has a hand in this?
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    WorldCoinsDmitryWorldCoinsDmitry Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    China is there too, only their "slabs" look better. Of course all the coins inside them are fake Linky-pooh one, Linky-pooh two

Highly enthusiastic about world coins, contemporary circulating counterfeits and unusual stuff <3

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: WorldCoinsDmitry

China is there too, only their "slabs" look better. Of course all the coins inside them are fake Linky-pooh one, Linky-pooh two

Yikes. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    WorldCoinsDmitryWorldCoinsDmitry Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    This is even more yikes Linky "poo" It's claiming an address in the US, but a couple good folks on another forum did some digging and found that the address is registered to a Chinese company.

Click on the "new service" tab for some laughs. Same fakes as the above links, but in fancier plastic coffins.

Edit: Everything that is wrong with that site is obvious to all here. But it's clearly not obvious to the people behind it, so let's not list those things... you know they troll forums like this one to get insight on their mistakes image

Highly enthusiastic about world coins, contemporary circulating counterfeits and unusual stuff <3

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That did it!

I've had enough with our hosts. I am sending all my CIRC's to them.

I believe they will all grade 65 according to their criteria:

MS/PR66 central area there are fewer minor scratches/fine lines, good impression