Home Metal Detecting

Beginner in Mississippi

Hi, I've been considering picking up this pass time for quite a while now, what do some of you veterans recommend for beach metal detecting that would be easy on the beginner's budget. I'd like to get my feet wet so to speak. Specifically I am looking for Spanish gold or loose coins on Mississippi beaches.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My recommendation (and what I use) would be White's metal detectors... they have

what you are looking for, GREAT customer service....and while they may cost a tad more (not exorbitant), they are reliable and warrantied. Cheers, RickO
  • Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭✭
    I've never owned a White's machine. They were very popular in the 1970s. Unfortunately, my perception is that they are still trying to live off that reputation and are rather mediocre today. Other than the TDI, I can't think of a single White's machine that I'd want to own.
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    White's also has that MX Sport (I think that's the name) that recently came out. A lot of people also use Minelab and Garrett. If you're going to be on salt water beaches, a lot of people use the Excalibur. Actually, someone just posted one for sale here. Once you have a few detectors in mind, check out videos on Youtube of them in action. You can see their pros and cons.