Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1964 Proof Kennedy Accented Hair

jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have this 1964 Proof Kennedy Accented Hair half that I picked up as part of a proof set. The coin looks really nice, except that there appears to be a trike through of a thread on the reverse inside the loop of the "C" in AMERICA. My question is do you think the strike through would affect the grade in a negative way? Would it be worth submitting?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    The nice people on eBay always like the AH's so unless you paid a lot, you'll be able to get your fees back and a small profit.

If you submit it as an error "Struck Thru Centipede" I don't know if you'd be able to recover the extra fee? But maybe it would sell for more? image
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic photos !
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really impressive photographs.... I would not bother with attribution...it should not affect the grade. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    I could sure use your photography skills for my bullion collection...if you get here by Sunday you can sample my wifes Greek Easter cookies...she only makes them once a year
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: chumley
    I could sure use your photography skills for my bullion collection...if you get here by Sunday you can sample my wifes Greek Easter cookies...she only makes them once a year

Thanks for the reminder ..also Russian , Ukrainian Easter

• Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the compliments on my photography, I've spent quite a bit of time to try and hone it.

I'm trying to get a feeling for what grade this could go, I'm absolutely horrible at grading proofs. Do you think it would grade PR66 or higher?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file