Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Head scratcher...(1954 Aaron)

I just saw this while going through previous auctions. There's a lot of red flags about this BIN. Most notably the price and the feedback count. Also that it's graded, meaning that the owner should have a general idea of cost. Is this even legit?

1954 Aaron PSA 6http://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-TOPPS-HANK-AARON-ROOKIE-GRADED-PSA-6-BASEBALL-CARD-/172178853795?hash=item2816a8cfa3:g:phsAAOSw3mpXHPCO&nma=true&si=yOcio4DaSjDb8o%2F61SFRUuN3XVQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Case looks pretty frosty.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Is it possible that could have been an 8OC??
  • Options
    Perhaps our board detectives can locate the real card that matches the serial number. I would be curious to see but i agree, this one doesnt look right.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    That guy pops up all the time with too good to be true listings under new accounts. My guess is that the buyers neighborhood will get a empty box or a undeliverable package and the seller will try and keep the $. No it's not legit, will probably be removed in a week or so. Sad thing is he will be back and people will pull the trigger. All his listings are lifted scans from auction houses.
  • Options
    West22West22 Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    This guy looks suspicious as well:

Link here

He's got two Mantle rookies for sale too.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Deal of the year.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    From the description:

Purchased this back in february and now I need the money for my car so hoping I can get enough! Good luck bidding! Also message me with any questions and returns will be accepted.

So I asked him what type of car he has and got this reply:

I thought I could afford a lamborghini at the time and boy I was wrong now I have to sell everything good to make payments....
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: West22
    This guy looks suspicious as well:

Link here

He's got two Mantle rookies for sale too.

I'd run from those auctions.... Run far far away!
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I avoid graded cards whenever possible since I do not collect that way , but hypothetically, if someone bought a card like this, received it, found it to be tampered with and asked to return it, and then the seller claims that the buyer was the one who tampered with the original upon receipt, replaced it and is seeking to return a lesser card....what would eBay do ?
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PMKAY
    From the description:

Purchased this back in february and now I need the money for my car so hoping I can get enough! Good luck bidding! Also message me with any questions and returns will be accepted.

I thought I could afford a lamborghini at the time and boy I was wrong now I have to sell everything good to make payments....

LOLZ
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PMKAY
    From the description:

Facepalm