Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bench Rookie Cello--Heritage

Amazing item. But is it real or Memorex?

Not sure if this is the same pack--but one was sold by the infamous cello pack fabricater a while back. I know because I almost bought it from him but we were $500 apart--thank God!!

Just beware of this one. Does anyone know if this cert # falls within those that you know who submitted and had slabbed?

Comments

• Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    I have no clue Manny, but it is a pretty pack...The card is beautifully centered. The corners are shot being on the top, but a very nice display piece if real...
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    This is one that I will not bid on.

Dave
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of nice looking packs in that auction. Unfortunately for me, whenever I see a nice pack, I think "fake". This is whether it's graded or not. The infamous pack fabricator has a lot to do with that but no way could he be the only one who could get bad packs authenticated.

Edited to add: I'll go with Memorex. Manny -you're showing your age there image
    Daniel
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    You would think if it was fake it would get pulled...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Unopened is a mine field in more ways than one
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems too good to be true

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Who made these josemade packs?
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    I talked to another collector who believed that only packs form the '70s and '80s were made by That Guy. Not true--he made packs from 1960 thru the '80s.

IT will not get pulled since it is PSA slabbed. Again I do not know if this pack was the one--but be weary if bidding on it
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    That other collector is wrong.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: 1980scollector
    That other collector is wrong.

Exactly. I clearly remember he built a 1960 cello with Aaron showing that was slabbed.