Home Precious Metals
Options

A little grab during the upswing

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
When ever there is a sharp upswing (silver), I troll ebay for coming-due sales that have not been pulled or adjusted in price. That window lasts for about a day.

I got this little .25 roll mix of BU (to AU), about $30 lower than current deals, and $40 lower then Apmex. Not perfect but I've got enough 'junk' quality already.

Excuse these cellphone/office light photos. ....

COA

Comments

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!!!

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice catch...had not thought of doing that....uh oh... competition image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you please message me with the price that you paid? I am writing an article on "junk silver" for COINage.

Thanks.

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in no hurry to sell

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice and way cool image
  • Options
    I added 4 more silver quarters from a good ebay sale. There are quarter rolls for sale that consist of pristine proof coins. They would probably return the premium at sell time. But they are more for show then would ever really be for circulation. Probably taken out of packaging.

But I'd rather have the BU "real" coins. Know what I mean. If the choice was the BU and proof coins, I'd tend towards the nicest BU coins.

COA
  • Options
    That little grab swing exists right now. That is, if you feel it won't just settle back to the $14's again soon....

COA