Home Metal Detecting

Few finds from the past week

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
Got out for a few minutes here and there over the past week. Nothing great, but a few neat things.

Probable Tombac button

musket ball (not sure of age. Was found in a field with a bunch of newer objects, so may not be old)

part of a catholic charm

pewter spoon fragment - probable 1700s

1918 wheat cent

flag

1902 IHC that was shot!

HH all!

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds.... but that IHC is unique... would have thought it would have more damage if shot...

but perhaps what is was shot with and the range could explain the effect. Interesting.....

Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes that is an interesting indian.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Does the musket ball fit into the IHC?
    If found nearby maybe the musket ball was used to shoot the IHC!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    There were a bunch of .22 shell casings on this beach, so I'm thinking it was with one of those? The musket ball was found probably 15 miles away from the IHC, so I'm not betting on those odds!
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Neat finds.
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Was out on a group hunt a couple of years ago and one guy found a Wheatie that looked like your shot IHC. At first, I thought his was a little army helmet that fell off a toy soldier. He said the same thing, likely shot by a .22.